¹ - ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀ

After seeing the news about there being a new 'Captain America' Morana wasn't pleased, in fact she was the opposite

After seeing the news about there being a new 'Captain America' Morana wasn't pleased, in fact she was the opposite. She wasn't close with Steve Rogers but she did meet him a few times and worked with The Avengers occasionally.

Not only was she holding a grudge against John Walker because of him taking Steve's place, but it was because she knew John Walker personally and let's just say their history isn't to ones liking, especially hers.

She decided enough was enough and turned off the TV, as seeing John's face brought back all the bad memories she tried so hard to keep deeply hidden and buried in the past.

She wanted a distraction — no, needed a distraction, so she reached out to the one thing she always went to when she was stressed or angry. It's practically her therapy for days like these, especially since she hates talking about her feelings, though it's not like she even has anyone to tell them to.

Her eyes were drawn to the red punching bag which hung from the celling in her spare bedroom. Nothing but determination filling her eyes, wanting to express every single emotion she was currently feeling.

Her hits were sharp and rapid, followed by small sweat droplets which leisurely rolled down her forehead, her hair pulled back into an untidy ponytail, a few strands astray and framing her face.

With every proficient punch, a low and intense exhale would leave her mouth every so often, but was drowned out by the overwhelming memories and thoughts that come flooding back through her head.

"Fuck." She groaned, as she slammed her hands which were wrapped in black hand wrap against the punching bag.

She stayed there for a moment, resting her forehead against the sticky leather before finally composing herself and pulling away from the punching bag.

She craned her neck and took a sharp breath before carrying on once more, hitting harder than the last time, taking out all of her built up anger and bottled up emotions. Not caring about anything else but this moment and how she would feel so much better after all this anger was released.

But this time it wasn't the case, I guess seeing John on the screen was too much and not even boxing could save her this time.

˚ · .

Some time later Morana put away her boxing equipment and decided to get into a hot, well deserved — steamy shower, which was definitely needed, especially after her heavy training.

She loved the feeling of the hot water cleansing every inch of her body. It gave her a sense of comfort in an odd sort of way.

Little did she know, that her 'me time' would soon be cut short by the obnoxious sound of her phone ringing. She sighed before hopping out of the shower and enveloping herself in the nearest towel.

She pressed the phone against her ear before speaking. "Hello?" She asked, slightly irritated, not even bothering to check the name of the caller.

"Morana.. hey" A voice chimed on the other end of the line causing Morana's ears to perk up.

"Well I'll be damned. Sharon Carter" She laughed. "How may I be of help?"

"Straight to it then" Sharon mumbled, "I have a job for you, or should I say Tigress, though it's more of a favour, if it isn't too much to ask." Sharon admitted, her voice sounding tired and strained.

"Go on" Morana insisted, slightly intrigued since she hasn't heard from Sharon in a good while.

"Well— this isn't a hit job if that's what you were hoping for" Sharon started, but stopped as she could hear the girl groan in response.

"Come on Shar, you know I love a good hit." She whined, her once excitement and curiousness leaving as fast as it came, but nevertheless she'd still hear her friend out.

"I know and i'll find you someone, but in the mean time I need you to keep track of a certain Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson" She resorted.

"My job is to take out the bad guys and help the good guys, not to babysit a criminal and a dude with wings" She scoffed.

"But they are the good guys" Sharon explained.

"Correct me if i'm wrong but Bucky Barnes is the damn Winter Solider, aka the bad guy." Morana informed, as if Sharon was completely clueless of his past.

"Was." Sharon corrected.

"So? people never change Sharon, you should know that of all people. Besides, we both know the Winter Solider is still in him." She replied matter of factly.

"You're so damn stubborn" Sharon muttered, "Just— look, please Mor, I really need you on this one"

"He could snap at any moment." Morana hummed.

"He won't." Sharon assured.

"I don't know Sharon, this doesn't seem like my type of job." Morana claimed.

"Come on, what's the worst that could happen? The guy is trying to do some good in this world, at least give him a chance before jumping to conclusions as usual."

Morana pondered over the pros and cons, what could go wrong and — no. Pretty much everything here could go wrong, but could it be so bad? I mean it's always fun to take a risk once in a while. Plus, this could be a Daring challenge.

"Harsh, but true" Morana mumbled, "But Okay, you have me convinced. I'm in."