vi • bitches and apologies

▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬

EARLY MORNING classes aren't appealing and would never be appealing. Even after not having enough beauty sleep because of the cloud of thoughts that rose above me last night, I still had a class to attend- which had gotten me out of bed exactly 06:30.

With tensed jaw and eyes fixed on the blank board, it was the first time I wished that the professor wouldn't come to class- mostly because I needed to catch up on my beauty sleep. The only thing that had kept my mind from thinking again was the laughter and pointless arguments that filled the classroom.

Bella nudged my arm, dragging my attention away from the board. "I hope you're still not thinking about yesterday."

She had told me to forget about the whole incident but at that moment my mind floated back to it. "I'm not but. . . Do you think the boxer guy was behind everything?"

She sighed. "From what you said yesterday, I think he might have been telling the truth."

That didn't help to clear my doubts, and Bella seemed to have noticed it as she spoke again; "Just get your mind off of it, it's-" she stopped mid-sentence, head turning to another direction, "Oh my!"

My head bounced to the direction hers was and I noticed the air around us had changed. Veronica Blithe- typical Queen Bee. Her two minions, Cassia Stenberg and Amber Verano were exactly like her.

Veronica was everything but unattractive to the eyes of half the male population. Her hair silky blonde hair was straight and smooth, green eyes highlighted with an eyeliner. Her legs were long and slender- what you get for being blessed with a nice height- even her slender body was hugged by a crop top and ripped skinny jeans. Now that's okay, I guess. She was your typical model, fit for any photoshoots.

As she made her way to the front of the class, steps confident, few heads whipped to her direction. The whole class suddenly became quiet, all awaiting to hear what she had to say.

"Alright, since the professor isn't in class right now, I can just make my announcement," she started off and I was impressed with her confidence. "Our very own Walter is having a party next Saturday and you all are invited!"

Party? Yikes. While Bella squealed besides me, along with every other girls in the class, I only rolled my eyes.

"You all would get the invitation card later today," she added, then took a bow. As she and her minions approached the seat in front of us, I watched her shoot a wink at a guy sitting in front. And when her eyes fell on Bella and I, she flashed us a fake smile.

Veronica took her seat directly in front of us, her minions on each side of her. She was a stunner that's for sure and she did try to show it- the way she dressed, walked and even talked but as rumor had it, she did act like a bitch. Her eye bounced every few seconds as she gossiped with her minions- That's the only thing people seem to be doing.