xvii • toying with boundaries

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I'M STILL TIRED AS HELL," Bella stifled a yawn, burying her face in her palms. For us things remained fairly exhausting. We had gotten back from the beach late in the night, and I had immediately fallen asleep whilst Bella had kept herself busy with her phone till God knows when.

Saying I had a lot of fun with Valen at the beach would be an understatement, and it seemed that the more I talked with him, the more comfortable I felt with him-but no one can ever know a person's true intentions, and my heart wasn't ready to be harmed.

"Maybe if you'd sleep early, you won't look like a mad woman in the morning," I muttered under my breath, and then rolled my eyes.

She flung a pillow at my head before I could even react. I huffed, while she just smiled-at least I was in a good mood. "I never asked you to stay awake all night."

"I couldn't get some sleep because it had already passed my bedtime," she defended.

I could only roll my eyes at her failed attempt to lie. "You were the one who asked us to stay a bit longer."

"Like you weren't on a swim with Valen," she retorted-feeling very much proud of herself that she was able to leave me speechless.

"And how did that affect you not sleeping?"

"If we had left early, you wouldn't have enjoyed your romantic swim with Valen."

I had grimaced when she said, romantic, because I was literally forced on that swim. "I was forced on that swim," I said it, running a brush through my hair.

"Forced?" her tone was clearly drenched in doubt. "It seemed like you enjoyed it."

My cheeks heated up slightly but, there was no way in hell was I telling her I had fun, because it would only endanger me, and get me stuck in her world of teasing. "If you could see clearly, we were having our daily dose of bickering as a communication."

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes and hopped out of bed to get ready; since I was already ready.

And whilst she got ready, I did my hair in a lace braid-and with the roaring winds that blew past, we left our dorm, got ourselves coffee, and headed straight to psychology.

In the middle of the lecture hall, Valen was already seated-all in his glory of enthralling tornado, and it seemed to me that if I stared too much at his features, I could loose a huge amount of my sanity.

I made my way towards him, and took a seat by him, Bella in front. "What's up?"

He passed me his signature boyish grin, a hand messing his hair. "I'm feeling fantastic, thanks for asking," he paused. "I didn't expect to get to class before you frosty."