x • uncanny politeness

"YOU ACTUALLY DID THAT?!" Walter was shocked, eyes glistening with excitement

"YOU ACTUALLY DID THAT?!" Walter was shocked, eyes glistening with excitement. "You actually smashed the guy's car?"

I didn't bother to respond to him since Valen was the one narrating the story. I couldn't say it because I didn't want Bella to start lecturing me on how dumb my action was.

Jaxon scoffed, eyes glued to his plate of fries. "I don't believe she could do that." His messy hair was all over his forehead as his face was downwards.

I rolled my eyes while Austin turned to look at Jaxon like he was crazy. "Dude, she practically punched me in the face and you don't think she's capable of smashing a car?"

Jaxon looked up from his french fries and shrugged. He was like Valen hardly ever saying much but Valen was rude and he was- well, not yet determined. There was something about the guys that had made me to slowly become comfortable with them; they were lively.

Valen was sitting across from me, occasionally glancing at me. He was clad in a black hoodie, a pair of headphones wrapped around his neck and lips pressed in a thin line. I refused to look in his direction, keeping my whole attention in the conversation that was happening.

"So, you're also saying that you guys were chased by cops?!" Bella shrieked and I dramatically closed my eyes because I was gonna get an earful of lectures.

"Yup," I said, like it was no biggie whilst popping the 'p'

"Her driving was lit though she almost had us crash into another car," Valen decided to voice out.

I rolled my eyes, again. "You said it, almost."

He didn't respond. He wasn't able to give his response because Bella had chimed in. "How could you be so reckless Carla?"

I sighed. "I'm sorry Mom."

Her eyebrows rose, eyes glistening with amusement. "Did you just call me. . . Mom?"

"I did, because you're acting like her."

I focused back on my burger and took a bite out when Austin asked me a question: "Do you have a car Carla?"

Valen butted in, "She doesn't even have a fucking license."

"What?!"

The whole group shouted simultaneously, earning a glare from the table close to ours. I knew they'd make a big deal out of it.

"You know that's fucking dangerous," Austin said earning an eye roll from me for the 100th time before he continued, a smirk forming on his lips. "I like it."

Should I be bothered?

"Look," I started. "It was reckless I know but I'm bound to do such when I'm angry and- being in a chase with the cops was also dangerous but what was I supposed to do?"