xxvii • home sweet home

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN—
"home sweet home"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

WAKING UP NEXT TO VALEN'S BODY curled around mine had sent a cacophony of butterflies swirling in the pit of my stomach simultaneously intensifying the heat crawling up my cheeks. The feeling of having his arms protectively wrapped around my waist and his chest pressed against my back had sent my entire body on fire.

Tugging the duvet away from my body, I glanced towards the bathroom where he had entered few minutes ago, faint sound of the shower running in the background. I leaned back against the headboard as my eyes remained glued to the bathroom door, hopelessly picturing how his body would glisten under the morning rays filtering through his bathroom window as he washed himself clean; from his damp hair to the trail of water rolling down his built chest and down to his—

My wild imaginations were abruptly shut out by the sound of the bathroom door opening just before my thoughts could run to a very dangerous zone—the past Carla would cringe if she found out her future self would be thinking of a guy like this.

I jerked back slightly and back into reality as I watched Valen step out of the bathroom; grey sweatpants hanging low on his hips; just low enough for me to drool over the sharp contours of his v–line.

"Good morning sunshine," He smiled while he walked towards the bed, drinking from the water bottle on the bedside table.

"Morning," I replied softly, gawking as his fingers combed through his dark hair and catching the water droplets rolling down the side of his neck and making a stop at his bare broad chest.

He sat besides me on the bed, again pushing his dark hair out of his eyes. "Did you sleep well?"

I picked up the pillow closest to me, pulling it against my chest and resting my chin on it, eyes analysing his features. "Why wouldn't I? We cuddled all night."

Valen chuckled before letting the corner of his lips pull up in a smirk. His left hand inched closer to my face, tucking a wavy strand of my hair behind my ear. I shuddered as his palm gently made contact with my cheekbone, his touch lingering on my skin; the same teasing smirk plastered on his face. "If you want we can cuddle every night."

I locked eyes with him before releasing my bottom lip from my teeth to muster up a reply, "I'll consider." I giggled awkwardly. "Right now, we have to get ready, it's Thanksgiving break."