- interrogation

finally, cleanliness

••••

Next day —

There is an pulsating ache located in the back of her head, it's warm, and Blair can feel a substance she suspected was blood tremor down her neck and disappear down her spine in a line of pure discomfort.

Her head is buzzing, and as she unclenches her eyes, an unfamiliar environment brings her throat to release a breathy groan. Words soon jumble together to form a weak, "where am I?" Although her vision is limited, she can sense a figure in the room, hence why her question falls on awaiting ears.

"The basement. Well- it's more of a cellar if you consider the steel bars." The strong masculine voice settles into her ears and she cusses beneath her breath, realising she was deprived of time running — there was no where to run now. Alaric got what he wanted; her with the inability to 'terrorise more people'.

"Why am I here, why did you bring me back?"

"You came back on your own terms, might I add scaring the living daylights out of my daughter. What intentions did you have that involved pinning her to the floor?"

Blair freezes upon hearing what the man had clearly misinterpreted and forces her eyes to open completely, staring through the gaps between the cell bars with a weighing frown. She moves, only to realise that she is chained to a chair, her wrists restrained to the sides and positioned in very the centre of the cell, face casted by a dim hanging ceiling light. This is so unnecessary, she thinks.

"I wasn't trying to hurt her," she states, pushing against the restraints which sounds a clank of metal.

"I wouldn't suggest doing that, they've been spelled thanks to Lizzie." Alaric warns, arms folding behind his back formally and ignoring her claim. "I need answers and you'll be providing them for me. Starting now."

Blair clinks her teeth, "Interrogation, really?" Her eyes roll back in irritation, thinking of all the times he was overly soft on her. "I didn't think you had it in you."

Alaric squints his eyes, they darken momentarily with disappointment. "And I didn't think you would murder innocent people for the sake of fueling your blood lust." He retorts, a bitterness shaping his words. "It goes to show what people are capable when they discover the truth."

Blair clenches her jaw in distaste of the hate she felt radiating from him. "I don't want to speak to you."

"Well, you have no other options here, Blair. You are under my responsibility and I can't believe I let you hurt people without noticing the signs beforehand. Why didn't you speak to me about your troubles with fighting it."