- screw you mother

she'll never love you

••••

Blair travels down the length of the hallway, aiming to clear her head of all her worries and the strange feelings that have been cooped up inside her head ever since she found out that it's a possibility her mom is back and trying to take over her body as a host.

The girl pushes open the doors into the outside garden and climbs onto the cracked stonewall, stuffing her hands into her pockets and staring off into the distant view of pine trees. She sighs and walks along the half wall, one foot outstretched in front of the other.

"You have a death wish or what?" The girl jumps out of her skin and turns around to meet curious eyed Lizzie Saltzman. Her smile subconsciously appears and her mind fell silent for the first time in hours. "Ha, ha, very funny, but I'm immortal. Having a death wish is like owning a car without a license."

"You don't know how to drive yourself." Lizzie points out.

"That's besides the point." Blair snaps back. "Why would I want to drive when I can walk faster than any vehicle out there."

Lizzie chuckles softly and moves her blue eyes to focus on Blair's hovering figure above. She leans onto the stonewall and peers up at the vampire. "What are you doing out here while everyone else is running around like headless chickens, buying out votes for the honour council?"

"Loud mind, needed to clear my head." Blair leaps down from the wall and lands on her feet at Lizzie's side, sinking against the wall and lifting her eyebrow. "Isn't that your thing though? Buying out votes to become head witch?" The vampire was aware of how much Lizzie cared for her reputation and always wanting to be on top of the popularity chain.

Lizzie loved to stand out against the crowd, while Blair just wanted to fit in.

"It's funny, about a couple months ago if you asked that question, my response would answer itself. I wouldn't be out here, talking to you..." Lizzie's head drops off her shoulders and she sighs, cutting herself short from saying any more. Blair takes notice of her heart skipping a beat and frowns.

"Are you okay, Lizzie?" Blair reaches down and places her hand on top of the blondes, only for the girl to snatch her hand out from underneath and bring it up under her chin like Blair's touch had burnt her.

The vampire became uneasy. "I didn't think I was that icy," she jokes and realises that Lizzie had lost all sense of her amusement and her face was now blank. "Hey, Lizzie, what's wrong. Talk to me."

Lizzie turns her head and dips her eyes to the lapis blue ring wrapped around Blair's finger. "My dad told me about vampires and their daylight rings, but I've always wondered what would happen if you were to remove that?" Despite, not receiving the answer Blair wanted from Lizzie, she rolls with it.