Deleted Scene #1: Rewrite the Stars

Sitting with my cousins and the guy I had just flirted with, who turned out to be one of my cousin's new close friends, was a little awkward this time around. It made me a little worried at the fact that I had just spit on the guy, and now here I was sitting beside him and Dinah.

My heart pounded as I stirred the straw in my Pina Colada, Sawyer smelled nice like spearmint and Ralph Lauren Polo. It was a mix that I never wanted to forget.

I took a sip out of my straw and saw Doug smirking at me in a way that made me want to smack him. "What?" I snapped at him, which only made him laugh at me.

"I think we should call you Llama, considering you just spit all over my friend."

Men, can't live with them in this day and time. I set my drink down in front of me and scooted it away, Sawyer watched me with his eyes and then looked toward Doug.

"Would you stop teasing her? Clearly, she was just surprised by me being your friend. I am a little surprised by it as well."

I almost laughed if it hadn't been for the look Dougie-boy was giving me, I sobered up and kept a laugh to myself. Sawyer looked toward me, a smile on his face as he held a hand out to me.

"Can we dance?"

I smiled as I turned and looked right at Doug before replying to Sawyer "Sure." I took his hand and stood up as he led me to the dance floor.

Rewrite the Stars by Zac Efron and Zendaya were playing, it made me smile as he pulled me close to him, couples were all around the dancefloor swaying to the music.

"Can I be honest? I don't dance much. I just wanted to get back at Doug" I admitted as he looked down at me with a smirk upon his face.

"He should tone it down a little. HAs he always treated you like that?"

Sawyer twirled me under his arm and spun me into him, my hand landed on his chest as my eyes looked up at him, a odd feeling came over me. Something I had never felt before.

"Doug thinks that I am a bad influence. Although, I am the one that tries to keep Dini out of trouble." We danced in a circle as his arms were wrapped around my waist and my arms went around his neck.

"I think Doug is a loon. But he has had my back in a couple of fights at College until I dropped out" he admitted as people around us danced.

"So that is how you met my cousin? Is he the friend you were talking of earlier?"

"Yes. He can easily abandon me at any minute."

This made me laugh as he took me by the hand and spun me out and back in, my back was to his chest as we moved across the dance floor, my heart pounding as he twirled me out again and then back into his arms.

I rested my chin on his shoulder and closed my eyes for a second.

We had just met yet it seemed like we had known each other for a long time. I had a thing for a guy I had just met. How was this possible? Yes, Sawyer was good-looking and incredibly charming. So far he was too good to be true, taking up for me from Doug was one thing and I admired him for it. 

It was something nobody had ever done for me.

I shivered at the cold wind from the night and Sawyer chuckled in my ear "Stay close to me and I will keep you warm."

Did he really just say that? I thought as I pulled my head up from his shoulder and our eyes met, it was one of those movie moments where the eyes of the couple meet and it was like only they were dancing, nobody else was around.

I was shocked to find that his eyes were even bluer than I had thought they were, they were the color of the ocean and it was a color that I could get lost in forever.

"Lily-"

"Hey, wanna head back to the room?" Dinah asked, coming up beside us. We broke away from each other and I looked shyly away toward my cousin who was giving me a knowing look.

Thanks, Dinah, I thought annoyed as I cast one glance toward Sawyer.

"Yeah. I, Uhm, I am ready to go" I mumbled and smiled toward Sawyer "It was nice to meet you. I enjoyed the dance."

"Same here." It was a breathy voice he let out as he blinked and smiled at me, I waved at him and Doug before following Dinah toward the elevator.

We were both silent as she hit the button on the elevator and turned to me with a wide grin, I raised an eyebrow at her and she squeaked before digging her nails into my arm by grabbing it and pulling me into the elevator.

"YOU AND HIM ARE MEANT TO BE! I SAW HOW YOU LOOKED AT EACH OTHER, OH MY GOD LILY!"

I held my ears from her screaming , which I can thank for the ringing in my ears. Shaking my head, I sighed and crossed my arms, my bangles digging into my arm.

"I have no clue what you are talking about." To make matters worse, Dini pinched my arm. "Ow!"

Dini smriked "You are stupid. Everyone in that bar could tell you two had the hots for each other. Besides, I need you to get laid so you won't sulk around anymore" she said, throwing her hands into the air.

I rubbed my arm where she had pinched me "Gee, thanks." The elevator dinged and we stepped off onto our floor.

"Well. Look at it this way, cuzzo. You get a happy summer fling and I get a peaceful vacation. It is a win-win."

She stuck the keycard into the doorknob and pushed open the door, I threw my purse down onto the dresser as we entered and shut the door behind us. I leaned up against the closed door and sighed in stress.

I am so terrified of falling in love again, I don't want to be hurt again.

(Special thanks to mint.and.apples on Instagram for recommending the song! I hope you all enjoyed the deleted scene. Also go follow VacationLoveSeries on Instagram!  and vlseries on Twitter- lovelee)