Chapter Two

Bickering

3057 words

"Hey, hey are you with me?" Ana slightly opened her eyes, the sunlight burning them almost immediately. Everything around her was a blur, her head was pounding against her skull she could feel blood trickling down her cheek. "Ana? Ana c'mon say something." She turned her head a little to see Toni treading in the water using whatever Ana was laying on for support. "Hey, hey you're alive. Fuck your alive." Toni smiled with relief rubbing a hand along Ana's head getting the blood off. "Toni?" "C'mon we gotta get to shore." Toni grabbed Ana off letting her hold onto for support as they swam to the sand.

Ana was in and out, she could feel Toni holding her as they swam but she continued bobbing in and out of the water spitting out here and there until she felt sand under her feet. Toni dragged her up on the beach where Dot saw them running over to help Toni pull Ana onto the beach. "Is she alive?" Ana heard Dot ask. "Yeah, yeah she's fucking alive now help her." Toni then turned away, throwing up as Dot looked over Ana with concern. "Ana? Ana can you hear me?" Ana coughed a little spitting out blood and water. Dot turned her on her side pushing her hair back so she could spit onto the sand. "I can hear you. But my head..." Ana trailed off coughing again. "Martha!" Ana covered her ears squeezing her eyes shut at how loud Toni screamed.

"Toni shut the fuck up it's hurting her." Dot scolded, making Toni look down at Ana with guilt. "Everything hurts." Ana shuddered at how cold it was trying to curl into herself when she felt someone begin to pick her up. "Your gonna lay into your throw up c'mon." Dot picked Ana up slightly dragging her towards Fatin who was shaking, harder then Ana even thought was possible. Ana sat against a large rock, the feeling in her legs beginning to come back as the shock settled in and tears began to fall from her eyes.

"We're stuck we're fucking stuck." She began shaking looking around at her surroundings in fear. "We're stuck, w-we're so fucking fucked." Toni came over to crouch in front of Ana whose mind was far away not even noticing Toni until her hands came up to her cheeks forcing Ana to look at her. "We're stuck...no one's coming to s-save us." "Ana snap out of it." "T-Toni we're gonna die." Toni groaned looking around for a moment at a loss for what to do. "Were alive aren't we? We fucking made it." "Marty...M-Marty where is she?" Ana looked around faster, the fear really starting to settle in passed the shock. "I don't know Ana. I don't know. But I'm gonna find her okay, I'm gonna find her." Toni assured the terrified girl who nodded fast bringing her knees up to her chest cuddling into them for warmth. "Be fast okay? And come back, p-promise you'll come back." "I promise, Ana."

Toni walked off leaving Ana against the rock shaking in terror, staring out into the vast ocean of emptiness. "Help! Hey!" The screams came from the ocean where Ana couldn't see but Toni and Dot did both running towards the water until Toni stopped. "Martha!" Ana suddenly felt something other than fear, excitement." "She's not breathing!" Ana stood up for the first time since Toni pulled her onto the beach and ran over to Jeanette who laid out, pale on the cement.

"You're pumping like, double time." Someone then said. "There's no such thing as too fast, only too slow." Dot spoke, still pumping at Jeanette's chest. "Actually compressions can be too fast if they're not deep enough." "Dude, slow down!" The sisters both spoke. Ana turned away again, throwing up more blood and water onto the ground, "ease up Dottie, you're goin' way to fast." "Okay, hell, if you're all such experts, somebody else tap in." "Okay, yeah, you just have to go..." "Who knows CPR?" Ana stood up a little raising her hand as did everyone else. "Ana?" Ana went to turn but blood trickled down into her eyes making blind against who it was. She went to step away but stumbled feeling light headed and fell to the ground wiping her eyes to get the blood away.