Epilogue

Two weeks. They'd been home for two weeks and still nothing felt the same. The small scar that crossed Ana's forehead was clear in the moonlight bringing memories from the first day back to mind as she stared at her reflection in the bay window. It was cold, her t-shirt and shorts making her shiver against the cool glass. She would've crawled back to bed, fell asleep beside Toni like old times but something was gnawing at her. The feeling of being home brought a longing feeling back to her mind. The same memories plaguing her mind just as before, this time the island couldn't help her take away the miserable feeling that she couldn't shake.

"Can't sleep?" Ana swiftly turned her head, looking over to Toni who was no longer laying down, now she was sitting up rubbing her eyes tiredly. "I'm fine. Go back to sleep." Ana spoke softly but her words were serious, she didn't want to bother her. Toni had been doing so well, she didn't need to hear about Ana's problems. "Shut up. What's wrong?" Toni stood up off the bed and wandered over to the large window sitting across from Ana, her face lighting up in the light coming from the moon. "Can't sleep. That's all." "That's it?" Toni stared at her unconvinced, Ana could see it on her face that she wasn't going to be able to talk her way out of this one.

"I..." Ana brought her knees to her chest looking out at her front yard with a frown, refusing to look at Toni in the eyes as she spoke again, "I thought coming home would be great. And it is, but...what about Jeanette? She didn't get to go home. And coming back here, to this house...to my mom. It's all...overwhelming...I guess." Toni nodded, listening closely to the girl in front of her, her broken breaths soon filling the room. "My mom and dad are getting a divorce." Toni paused, staring at Ana as the blonde turned her head to look at Toni. "My dad can't handle that my mom doesn't accept me and my sisters for who we are. And I don't know if that's a good thing...and my sister, God I love them but, they keep asking if I'm okay, and it's getting to be too much. I just wish they'd stop asking...just for a minute and stop staring at me like I'm something to...pity..." Ana trailed off looking around the dark room with tired eyes.

"That's what I love about you." Ana glanced at Toni with confusion, the brunette catching it and smiling. "You never pitied me for being a foster kid, or sleeping in the bed of fucking a truck. You never cared, you helped me without making me feel like I was less than. When I got angry...you never looked at me like I was a monster or something from mars... you never got mad at me when I'd flip out. You never pitied me. That's something you don't see often." Ana smiled looking down at her hands, picking at one of her nails. "And I can see it...no matter how hard you try to hide it I know you're not okay, but I don't have to ask to know, and I also don't have to ask to know you hate it when people do that. We'll get there. Soon, this house will be a memory. And we'll be gone."

Ana smiled at the thought, both girls putting their money together, and leaving. She relied on that thought, it was the one thing that kept her going. "We won't go too far, right? We can't leave Martha." Toni laughed, opening her arms up for Ana to crawl over in between her knees. "No, we won't leave her." Ana crawled over laying on Toni's stomach, each of the brunette's legs on either side of her, her arms coming around near her neck, tangling into her hair.

"Zeke called me today." "What the fuck." Ana looked up, meeting Toni's fiery eyes almost immediately. "Relax, he was just calling to apologize for y'know cheating on me the worst night of my life." "What'd you tell him?" "I said I forgave him, it's not like he knew my sister was gonna die. He asked me how I was, he also asked me if we could get coffee or hang out or something." Ana could feel Toni's arms slightly tense up, her fingers slowing down as they raked through her hair. "Don't worry, I said no. But, I did tell him I was in a relationship, you should've heard him when I told him we were together." Toni laughed a bit at the comment, imagining the way that tool probably sounded. "He thought I was fucking with him. I probably would have if I wasn't the one dating you."

"Why?" "Because, you're amazing. C'mon, every woman lover in that school wanted to jump the team captain on the basketball team. It was a known fact, besides, have you met you? You said something you love about me, my turn. I love how much you care. You can always figure out how I feel so quickly, you can see right passed people like it's nothing. Because you care to figure it out. You weren't like Zeke, you always made sure I was okay before yourself. You made sure you knew me, and everyone around you. Not the masks they put up in front of other people. Because you cared enough to figure it out, that's not something you see often."

Toni stared at her, before she smiled looking away out the window. "You're so corny." "You started it first, and don't pretend you don't love it. Seriously though, I love that about you." Toni looked back down at her, watching the girl move to lay closer to Toni's jaw, her breath tickling the brunette's neck. "I love you." Toni whispered, her eyes scanning Ana's tired face, her blue eyes meeting Toni's brown ones. "I love you too." Toni moved, light grabbing Ana's face with one of her hands moving to let their lips touch, the same explosion feeling returning to Ana's stomach, the familiar feeling from the first time they'd kissed flooding back in.

Toni smiled, moving to deepen the kiss feeling Ana smile into the kiss, the girl sitting up slightly to lean in further. Toni then pulled back watching Ana's eyes open, exhaustion clear as the light hit them. "Go to bed, we can talk more in the morning." Ana groaned but complied snuggling into Toni's chest, her eyes growing heavy, hooded as she looked out the window.

"Okay..." Toni chuckled, moving into a comfortable position watching Ana slowly drift away. "I love you." Toni whispered into the silent room. "I love you more." And finally it wasn't silent anymore.

A/N: This would've been out days ago but it's exam week at my school because our last day is June 10th so I'm sorry the end seemed rushed I just didn't wanna worry about the book and feel bad for not updating. I'm going to write another one but I'm not sure what I want to do. 

Toni Shalifoe x Reader (Another one with a different storyline)

Toni Shalifoe x Reader x Shelby Goodkind (I've gotten this on Tumblr before)

Shelby Goodkind x Reader 

Let me know! Whatever it is it will be better than this book, hopefully, I just need to take my time with the ending and with summer coming around I can do that. 

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 - 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐢 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐞 🎉