Chapter Sixteen

Interview

3264 words

"What happened after you guys saw the plane?" Ana stared down at her hands that were settled on the cold table. She didn't hear the question, her mind too far gone. Her focus on anything but the man in front of her that had been practically begging for answers for the past hour.

"Anastasia?" Ana looked up at him then at the other man before returning to the guy asking the question. "I'm sorry?" "What happened after you guys saw the plane?" Ana looked back and forth between the two before taking in a deep breath. "Nothing until the next day. Rachel and I got into an argument after a hunt went bad, we never really did get along well. She pushed me, I tripped..." Ana trailed off, the days before coming back into mind as she thought about the incident, her eyes drifting to the large wound on her leg. "She didn't mean it."

-

-

"We need to wash our clothes." Dot's face was scrunched up as she looked over the disgusting clothing that had mud covering the fabric. "How did this happen again?" Ana groaned, taking off her mud covered shirt. "We were hunting a rabbit for our celebratory meal, Fatin got scared of I don't even know what and pushed me which caused all of us to fall flat into a mud pit." "Listen, it was a scary ass snake that was glaring me down. It was run or die. I did what I had too." Fatin defended, her usual cocky smile on her face disappeared when Ana threw her clay covered shirt right at her, getting her dirty in the process.

"Sorry, thought I saw a bug on it. I did what I had to." Fatin scoffed with a smile throwing the shirt back at Ana who caught it with ease, a sly smirk settled on her face. "Oopsies." "Alright, enough. C'mon Ana, me and you will do the clothes." Rachel looked irritated, Fatin and Ana looked at each other for a moment until Ana broke the gaze picking up the girls muddy clothes. "The others will be back soon, we need to be ready to leave when rescue comes. I'm not looking like a mud monster because Fatin got scared of a snake." "It was fucking terrifying. I was looking into the face of death, okay?"

Ana giggled at the dramatics, playfully rolling her eyes as she walked off towards the large rocks following behind Rachel. "Are you alright?" Ana caught up beside Rachel dropping the playfulness in her voice at the sight of Rachel's grumpy expression. "Fine. Just really wanna get off this fucking island." Ana nodded in agreement walking up one of the large rocks that stood above a few smaller ones. "Dude, imagine falling off of here." "You'd die." Rachel replied blankly, setting down the clothes in her hands. Ana didn't say anything, instead setting down the clothes in her hands, taking a few shirts and walking down the rock to the water.

She dipped the clothes into the water silently rubbing off the mud with her hands watching it come off into the clear water. She looked over to Rachel, her demeanor giving off that she was angry over something. Or maybe she was becoming just who she was in the first few days. Ana couldn't tell. Ana picked up the now clean shirts and walked up the rock, laying them out to dry in the sun.

"Really?" Ana stopped and looked over her shoulder with an eyebrow raised. "What?" "Dude, you didn't even clean that one all the way, there's still fucking mud all at the bottom." Ana looked back down at the shirt seeing mud still at the bottom around the seams of the t-shirt. "Oh, shit, sorry I'll take it back down in a minute." "Don't even bother, just give it to me." Ana scoffed standing up with the shirt in her hands. "I said it's fine. I'll just redo it in a minute when I take my other shit down to the water." "Ana, just give me the fucking shirt." Ana rolled her eyes, throwing the shirt into Rachels hands. "There." "Did you really just fucking do that?" "Yeah. What is your problem?" "None of your fucking business." "Fuck off Rachel."