|| 16. Kings, and Their Symbol of Peace

----- Alice and 2 Wonderland Armies
|| 16. Kings, and Their Symbol of Peace

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace." -S. Chinmoy

Clovers Quarter, Temporary Civic Center Replacement, Black Territory, Cradle...

       THE golden light from the chandelier shone on the Clovers Quarter Conference Hall. A large number of residents had surrounded the quarter to watch the conference and ceremony for the signing of the peace agreement between the Red and Black Army.

       From the end of the left staircase, you sighed from the sudden nervous.

       "You ready, Alice?" someone asked, making you flinch a little.

       "Ah, my king," you mumbled when you realized it was just Lancelot. "Well, of course I'm ready. This is the ending I want for both of you," you said while fixing Lancelot's red cape, making the king blush a little. However, he tried not to lose his own pride as a king.

       "Ekhem!" from the other end of the stairs, Ray stood with an unamused face. You immediately removed your hand from Lancelot's clothes and stood up straight. "The conference will start soon and you guys are still being a love bird like that? Please be more serious!"

       "Huh? Do you mind, King of Spades? I know you're just envy!"

       "Come on, guys! Don't fight here! You promised to end all of your war, right?" you asked.

       Lancelot and Ray looked away, unwilling to admit who's wrong and what they were about to agree on. You just wanted to chuckle at the childish behavior of the two of them.

       "For the Land of Magic, for Cradle, for your armies and people," you said softly to both of them. "Or at least for me? How about that?"

       And even then, Lancelot and Ray let go of their own egos. The two of them stared at each other very sharply. "I'm only doing this for you, Alice!"

       You were surprised when Lancelot and Ray said that at the same time. But in the end, you laughed out loud, making Lancelot and Ray, who were initially surprised, now smile too.

       The sound of the trumpets became the opening act for the conference event, making you return to tidying your dress activity. You knew the host was ready to call you.

       "The ruler of the Black Territory, King of Spades, King Ray Blackwell!"

       Just like the rumors, from outside the hall could faintly be heard the screams of both young and old ladies. Ray is indeed very popular with Cradle womens. Meanwhile, Ray was just keeping his pride as a King.

       "The ruler of the Red Territory, King of Hearts, King Lancelot Kingsley!"

       Opposite to Ray, people admired Lancelot in silence and amazement. Perhaps this is a reflection of his charismatic and ruthless aura.

       Lancelot may be able to make peace with everything around him. But he couldn't come to terms with his own heart, not after he lost his father at the hands of a very cruel person that started a terrible war.

       Lancelot was also both respected and feared by all people of Cradle and was known for his adherence to tradition.

       "And Land of Magic Symbol of Peace, Alice the Second of Cradle!"

       You walked slowly, following a noble manners in Cradle. Your right hand touched the guardrail, keeping away the possibility of falling. All the guests immediately fell silent, speechless.

       "She's so pretty..."

       "Her eyes is as beatiful as the magic crystal from the Lake of Tears..."

       "Goddess of Peace..."

       The whispers made you smile a little. Then, you saw two hands stretching out in front of you to help you down the stairs. You looked up to find Lancelot and Ray already staring at each other, competing over whose hand you would take. You just chuckled at the childish behavior of those kings.

       With that, you took both of their hands. "Well," you chuckled. "You can lose your pride if you continue this behavior." and finally, you stood between Lancelot and Ray.

       The White Queen as the highest ruler in the Cradle also stood between Lancelot and Ray while you stood behind her. The White Queen dipped her pen in an exclusive gold ink.

       "With this, I, the White Queen as the highest ruler of Cradle, declare that the Red Army and the Black Army have made peace!"

A/N : I am tired! I have to cook a lot of food for my family dinner

A/N : I am tired! I have to cook a lot of food for my family dinner. I just had time to write on the sidelines of my busy life. Besides, how are you guys? I hope you are doing well so we can still meet in the next chapter. Therefore, bye! I love you, bye!

By the way, D-2 before Fenrir Day (and Leonardo // HAVE YOU SEE HIS BIRTHDAY GC, OMG!!!)

TBC,
Alice and 2 Wonderland Armies
April, 2021