|| 17. On Your Blood, Our Happy Ending

----- Alice and 2 Wonderland Armies
|| 17. On Your Blood, Our Happy Ending

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." -O. Welles

       YOU looked up to find Lancelot and Ray already staring at each other, competing over whose hand you would take. You just chuckled at the childish behavior of those kings.

       With that, you took both of their hands. "Well," you chuckled. "You can lose your pride if you continue this behavior." and finally, you stood between Lancelot and Ray.

       The White Queen as the highest ruler in the Cradle also stood between Lancelot and Ray while you stood behind her. The White Queen dipped her pen in an exclusive gold ink.

       "With this, I, the White Queen as the highest ruler of Cradle, declare that the Red Army and the Black Army have made peace! All the restlessness of the people of Cradle from the five hundred years of civil war has now been erased. Both armies will strive to maintain the peace and order and sign an all-encompassing pact which respects each other's sovereignty. To that end, the Red Bridge and the Black Bridge will be opened for free and fair trade as well as the proper interaction of the two territories. Both Red Army and Black Army hereby swear to adhere to and uphold this treaty to the utmost."

       The White Queen uttered the agreement that had been agreed upon while writing it on the agreement paper. She handed the paper to Lancelot and Ray to sign.

       "Signed by the King of Hearts, King Lancelot Kingsley and King of Spades, King Ray Blackwell," after Lancelot and Ray had finished engraving their signatures on the paper, you stepped forward and exchanged positions with the White Queen. "And Alice the Second of Cradle as proof and symbol of that peace."

       The White Rabbit, Blanc Lapin as the official record keeper in Cradle handed over a silver knife to cut your wrist a little, considering that an agreement like this cannot be signed with just an ordinary stamp ink, but with the blood of a chosen person.

       Your blood will seal the oath that Lancelot and Ray madeand become a proof of it. If at any time one of them betrayed, then they had betrayed all the people of Cradle with you as their representative. In other words, Your blood is a proof of those who live in Wonderland.

       You slashed a bit of the skin of your wrist. You flinched a little when you felt the pain from the incision. However, you immediately dripped your blood onto Lancelot and Ray's signature. Blanc immediately took the knife and handed over his handkerchief to clean your fresh crimson liquid.

       All the guests immediately stood up and clapped their hands together with Lancelot and Ray shaking each other's hands. Outside, all the people of Cradle hugged each other and cheered happily, knowing the conflict between the two armies was over.

       "It's over," you whispered.

       "You're right. All of this war has come to an end. You're doing your job well, my dear," the White Queen chuckled.

       You could see Harr Silver, the Joker and Loki Genetta, the Cheshire Cat on the guest bench. Loki waved at you. Of course, you replied immediately with a warm smile. Loki's smile seemed brighter than usual and it makes you smile more.

       "It's all over, and yet..." you whispered again, feeling that something was still wrong.

A/N : You know what? I wrote this chapter while waiting my mother's food ready

A/N : You know what? I wrote this chapter while waiting my mother's food ready. That smells so nice ASDFGHJKL HOMEMADE FOOD IS THE BEST DONT YOU THINK?! By the way, how are you guys? Please stay safe and don't skip your meals. We will meet again in the next chapter. Perhaps the last chapter? We don't know. So please, take care of yourself. See you! I love you, bye!"

BTW again, D-1 before Fenrir Birthday~ (+Leo)

TBC,
Alice and 2 Wonderland Armies
April, 2021