1: Falling But Not In Love

Shiori was tired. 

He was hungry and tired and there was nothing to eat and no place to sleep. Life was miserable. Years of living the way he had did not prepare him for the past month. It was like someone had decided birds didn't need seeds anymore. All the old ladies that used to feed him were gone and the street vendors didn't appreciate him stealing the occasional treat. 

His wing hurt so he couldn't even fly and he could feel himself rapidly loosing his grip on the branch. Hunger ate at his insides and suddenly he regretted not eating any bugs. It wasn't like he couldn't eat them normally, they were just really, really gross. Shiori willed himself to hold on longer, he wasn't ready to die yet. But it was no use he lost his grip. With a tiny 'peep' Shiori fell to his death. 

Or he...didn't? The surface underneath him felt silky and smooth but in a cozy sort of way. He rustled around on it for a second before deciding it didn't really matter what the infinite expanse of yellow was, it was warm and solid and that was enough. 

Quickly the tiny bird dozed off in a divot in the yellow fabric unaware to who was watching over him. 

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----- 

"Sho, don't move." Hizashi said in a warning tone. Aizawa stopped dead and looked around him for some weapon or villain only to find nothing. 

"What is it?" He asked. Hizashi shushed him harshly and pulled out his phone. He took several pictures and tried to hold back a squeal of cuteness. "What is it?" Aizawa whispered this time. Hizashi pointed to a spot on the sleeping bag the man had zipped himself inside to nap on their balcony only to discover a tiny bird. Bright white feathers that turned grey at the ends and looked very fluffy. There was even a bit of pink on its head although that looked more like something had dyed it that way. It was so cute for a second Shouta didn't think it was real. 

"Its the cutest thing I've ever seen." Hizashi said with wide eyes. The couple didn't dare move and wake the tiny bird but...how long would Shouta have to sit there with a bird on his thigh? The black haired hero looked down at the bird again and frowned. "Its wing is injured." He observed. 

Hizashi's face filled with alarm. "We should take it to Recovery Girl!" He whisper-shouted. "What does she know about birds?" Shouta asked skeptically. Hizashi shrugged. "Its better than nothing. Now, how to we transport a wild bird?". 

They stayed motionless for a second before Hizashi knelt down and picked the little bird up in his hands. He cupped the tiny creature as he stood back up. "It can't be that easy-" The tiny bird nuzzled into Hizashi's hand. It was even warmer than the big yellow thing. "I stand corrected." Shouta said, standing up and unzipping the sleeping bag. 

The pair quickly made their way out of the teacher's dorms and into the main building. They avoided the crowds of student enjoying their half day off. The bird was still asleep, so they took it as a good sign. When the got to the infirmary Midoriya was already there with a broken arm. 

"Ah, problem child." Shouta said with a glare "I thought you were taking a weekend off to heal from the cut you got on Thursday?" he threatened. Midoriya gulped and chuckled nervously. 

"I thought one day wouldn't be that bad-" His eyes landed on the bird in Hizashi's hand. "What's the bird here for?". "Injured wing.". Midoriya nodded knowingly and Shouta wondered why he was the only one who didn't understand taking a bird to a human doctor. 

Recovery Girl entered the room and her eyes immediately fell on the bird. "Why do you have a Shima-Enaga in the infirmary?" She asked as she handed the already healing Midoriya some gummies. 

"That's what its called? Its so cute!" Hizashi said as he cooed at the bird in his hands "It has an injured wing.". 

Recovery Girl looked at the tiny bird for a second, her brow furrowing slightly. "That's not its only problem, they're native to Hokkaido. What is it doing is Masutafu?" The old woman wondered aloud. 

No one really had an answer to that question, they just watched as she bandaged the tiny bird. "Who's going to take responsibility for this bird when it wakes up?" Recovery Girl asked "It will need a few days off, maybe even more time after it recover to regain its strength.". 

Midoriya raised his hand instantly. "We can keep it in the 1-A alliance!" He said excitedly. 

Shiori himself wasn't that bothered. At least being around humans meant he would be fed. Yeah, he had woken up when Recovery Girl started to fix his wing, that hurt. A lot. But he wasn't going to let anyone know that. 

Midoriya took the tiny bird in his hands and placed it securely in a cloth to keep it warm. He stared at it with curiosity the entire walk back to the alliance. Somehow his class had acquired a pet. 

-----------------------------------------------

Welcome to a new series! 

I know the first chapter is short but stuff must be established before there can be any major plot.

I hope you guys like this series. Its going to be a lot more light hearted than my others but its not all fluff and love.