2: Its Just Your Imagination

Uraraka and Iida stared at the tiny bird as it pulled a tissue out of the box. Cautiously it poked the tissue and then seemed to light up. It pulled more and more tissues out haphazardly before pulling all the tissues into a loose nest formation. 

"You can not nest on the coffee table!" Iida shouted, startling the bird. It looked at the floor for a second before hopping over to Tokoyami who was sitting on the couch. It still couldn't fly but damn was that bird mobile. It could walk around the dorm so quickly they often lost the bird in some places. They found it quite distressed and trapped in the elevator once. It took a lot of cuddling with Todoroki to calm it down again. 

Apparently it gravitated towards certain people. The bird was ridiculously friendly already but it liked Todoroki, Tokoyami, Midoriya and Jiro the best. Speaking of Tokoyami, the bird was peeping at him indecently and pointing his non injured wing at Iida. Uraraka laughed, it was like the bird was tattling on them. Now, Tokoyami couldn't understand the bird but it seemed to calm down when dark shadow started petting it so he just let them be. 

"Dinner's ready!" Mina shouted from the kitchen. Quickly everyone in 1-A scrambled to their feet. Bakugou and Mina were cooking that night and that usually meant it was going to be good. And they were right, the kitchen smelt heavenly. Right as Uraraka put her phone down and followed her classmates into the room, Shiori let out a loud chirp. 

The girl turned around quickly and Shiori began hopping towards her. He didn't want to left alone again. Luckily the hero student understood and held out her finger for Shiori to climb on. "Get that shit away from the food." Bakugou shouted the moment he laid eyes on the bird "Why the hell ded Aizawa let you idiots keep a wild fucking animal as a pet anyways?". 

"Quiet you!" Uraraka scolded, sitting down to eat "She's adorable!". As if to prove her point she reached down to pet the bird who hopped away. Shiori narrowed his eyes at Uraraka. He wasn't a girl! Its not his fault he's the type of bird that looks the same regardless of gender. 

"Aw! She's so cute when she's angry!" Mina cheered with a wide smile. A frustrated cheep came from Shiori before Koda cut in. "Its a boy." He said softly. Everyone turned to him in shock. "That's right, you can talk to animals! What does he want for dinner?" Mina asked, abandoning her food to get some of the snacks they bought for the bird. 

"Seeds." Koda said as Shiori chirped like crazy. He would be smiling if he could, instead he hopped over to Koda and rubbed his hand with his head. Mina returned with a small dish of bird seed and Shiori cheeped with happiness. 

---- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ------ ----- 

"This is impossible!" Kirishima grumbled as he threw himself onto the ground. Momo was trying her best to lead the study group with minimal success. Kanji just threw them off so easily. Who the hell even used some of these?

"Why don't we make it more fun?" Yaomomo suggested "We can try to name the bird. We know its a boy, but he doesn't have a name yet.". That got them writing. Soon various characters that could be used in names were cut out like flash cards. 

The students looked them over and tried to figure something out. "Spring?" Midoriya suggested. "Its from Hokkaido, we should name it snow!" Mina shouted. 

"No! Coffee, it looks unique!" "Iron!" "Why would we name it that?!?". While the students argued, Shiori searched for the characters to his own name but to no avail. What he could find was the character for 'Shi'. Quickly he took the piece of paper in his mouth and held it up in hopes the teens would see it. 

"Shi?" Momo said, finally noticing the bird. Shiori nodded so quickly he wasn't sure the students would register it as a nod. "Did the bird just pick its own name?" Kirishima said with a wide toothy grin. 

"This can't be normal, right? I mean, parrots can do stuff like this but its just a normal tiny bird." Mina said. Shiori tried not the be insulted by that remark. The teens all looked at each other with a bit of shock. Meanwhile Shiori had turned away and was hopping on the floor back to Midoriya's bedroom where he had taken up residence. 

"Shi?" Momo tested. The bird turned around immediately and looked at them expectantly. 'What?' The bird thought 'What did you want?'.

"Holy shit the bird responds to its name...." Kirishima said in shock. Shiori ignored them. They wouldn't question anything while he looked like a bird. Could they? 

---- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- 

"You brought the bird to class because...?" Aizawa said, sounding very unamused. It had been 4 days since 1-A had first introduced the fluff ball into their dorm and it appeared the bird was getting quite spoiled. 

"He gets bored on his own." Midoriya said, like that was perfectly normal. Aizawa looked at the bird perched on his students shoulder. It didn't look like the bird was flying off any time soon which made Shouta wonder if maybe it had been domesticated. If it had been someone's pet and gotten out that would explain some of the strange behavior and friendliness. 

"How do you even know its a boy? Recovery Girl said it would be hard to tell." "Koda.". Shouta nodded understandingly as the bird half-hopped half-flapped from desk to desk until it settled with Kaminari. "Alright, I hope you're all ready for our literature quiz.". 

The entire class groaned as Aizawa passed out the tests. Soon they were consumed by the test, only the sound of pen hitting paper to fill the room. 

Kaminari wished he had participated in the study group last night even though he knew they were studying something else. Having Yaomomo's help would have been invaluable. All Kaminari could do now is ask for a miracle. He let out a sigh and tried to push past his ADHD to finish the test as best he could. 

The sigh had answered his prayer as it woke up the tiny bird sleeping in his pencil case. Shiori hopped over to the struggling teen and stared down at the paper. 'Natsume Soseki: Heart'. He knew that book! The old ladies used to read it aloud back when they fed him. It was mostly multiple choice too, probably because it was only a quiz and not an essay or test. 

The electric teen disregarded the bird and haphazardly circled one option. Imagine his surprise when the bird tilted his pencil towards another answer. He looked at 'Shi' with a shocked expression but the bird wasn't taking any flak. With one look at the bird's focused, somehow, expression, Kaminari erased his answer and circled the one the tiny cotton ball recommended. 

He was taking suggestions from a bird. Sometimes Kaminari wondered if he was even dumber than everyone thought he was. 

Luckily, no one seemed to notice the bird's erratic movements, much less think he was helping Kaminari so when the tests were collected Aizawa didn't even bat an eye at it. 

When they finally got to a break period Kaminari approached the group that had been studying last night. They had brought up something weird about the bird choosing its own name at breakfast, maybe they would understand. 

"Yaomomo, I think Shi is like Principal Nezu." Kaminari confessed. The black haired girl looked at the ground for a second before nodding. "I think you're right." She said hesitantly "Shi acts too much like a human to be a normal bird."  

"But how are we going to find out if Shi's got a quirk or not?" Kirishima said. Mina groaned and placed her fingers on her temples. "I have no idea." She concluded. 

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2 already! 

I'm so hyped about this and the fact I'm launching another story, Pop-Culture some time tomorrow! 

Stay tuned!