Prologue

The sun was shining bright in the sky, which was a crystal blue, but the creatures of this realm did not partake in the daytime, their lives revolving around the night. But there were two beings who couldn't sleep, despite their exhaustion.

In a small wooden cottage, deep in Nutter forest, which had yet to be placed on any maps, this cabin was called South Downs. It was the home of the Fell family, a very unusual couple, a vampire and his Lycan mate. The husbands had spent the first five years of their marriage living quietly and peacefully in the Nutter Forest, and fortunately, neither former coven nor pack made attempts to find them.

Their names were Anthony J Crowley and Aziraphale Z Fell. A Vampire and a Lycan couple. Which wasn't uncommon, but their respective Head Offices, (or more accurately, cults) did not allow or tolerate such behavior. So Crowley and Aziraphale had left their Head Offices and quite literally went off of the map to start a new life for themselves.

But their quiet and peaceful lifestyle was interrupted by a very unexpected pregnancy, which was welcomed by the frenzy of expectant parenthood. Who knew that some male Lycan's had the ability to carry and give birth to pups?

Crowley glanced behind him to make sure the curtains were closed. No sunlight would disturb his husband and pup on his watch! He turned back to his family, tears of joy stinging the vampire's red eyes. The snow white Lycan's fur was damp with sweat, his piercing yellow eyes had bags under them, but despite that, his muzzle was lighting up the entire bedroom with a tired smile as he stared down with unconditional love at the tiny red furred pup in his arms.

"Isn't she beautiful Crowley?" Aziraphale murmured quietly, so he wouldn't disturb the little Lycan pup. They had counted all her toes and each tiny digit on her forepaws, followed by Crowley brushing her beautiful dark red tail...

"She's gorgeous my angel. You're gorgeous." Crowley murmured as he planted a kiss on his husband's temple. "Her fur is the same hue as your hair." Aziraphale rasped, his throat as dry as sandpaper from all of the screaming. Crowley noticed this and quickly poured him a glass of water, he held the cup to Aziraphale's lips so he wouldn't have to put down the pup.

"Thank you dear boy." Aziraphale murmured, smiling gratefully at Crowley. The poor vampire's pale gray skin was a couple of shades lighter; he was in need of some cow blood. "Crowley, you should eat something..."

"It can wait." replied Crowley as he stroked the pups fiery red fur. Her left ear was droopy...Crowley's tears fell onto the pup's tartan blanket. Aziraphale was crying too, he was so happy that they were at long last, parents, and that they had a daughter. A beautiful daughter....

"She needs a name...." said Aziraphale as he passed the pup into Crowley's waiting arms. Crowley held her close and replied, "I liked the name you picked." The vampire sniffled; he was trying desperately hard not to drown his newborn daughter.

"Eden?" Aziraphale inquired. "Are you sure?" being a collector of ancient texts, he had indeed come across several varieties of names for both boys and girls....

"Yeah. That's the one. I love that name." Crowley kissed the pup's tiny little forehead, which made the pup scrunch up her face. Crowley was sobbing now....

"Oh Crowley, what about a middle name? You did suggest Queen." Aziraphale was trying to keep it together himself, the sight of his husband weeping with joy with their pup in his arms was just the sweetest thing he had ever seen.

"T-That's f-fine...." Crowley managed to choke out in-between sobs.

"Although I do like Alexandria as well." Aziraphale added. He had considered the name Alexandria, in honor of the great Library that was lost to history due to a mysterious fire....