Chapter 7

"My home is just up ahead." Eden said, her stomach howling with hunger. She didn't know what she wanted to do more, eat or sleep.

Gabriel gazed deep into Eden's wondrous yellow eyes and their amazing narrow pupils, not at all paying attention to what was up ahead. He wanted to take in every detail of this mysterious female.

"Thank you again for saving me." Eden thanked her savior yet again.

"Don't mention it." Gabriel replied with a lopsided grin on his muzzle.

Crowley and Aziraphale ran on the narrow dirt path, following their noses. Their scent glands filled with the overpowering scents of their daughter and the male stranger that was with her....

Crowley bared his fangs at the sight of the strange male, who had an arm wrapped around his daughter.

"Get your hands off of her ya wanker!" Crowley snarled.

"Daddy!" Eden exclaimed as Aziraphale quickly stepped in, "Dark Spirits, Eden, you're injured!" Aziraphale gently yanked Eden away from the stranger, glancing down at her injured hind paw.

"What the hell happened?" the white Lycan demanded.

"It's nothing, just a sprain...."

"Fuck off!" Crowley spat at the black stranger. "If I ever catch you here in these woods again, I'll rip off your tail and shove it down ya throat!"

"Daddy, stop!" said Eden. "He saved me from a forest manticore." Aziraphale nearly fainted at the word "manticore".

"He took me to his camp and wrapped up my paw and brought me home."

Crowley glared daggers at the black Lycan as Aziraphale stepped in, "In that case, the least we can do is let him stay for a short rest."

"Fine." Crowley growled. "But if you so much as put one tuft of fur out of line, I'll skin ya alive!"

"Thank you sir." Gabriel said, sharing a smile with Eden.