Chapter 3

Eden Alexandria Queen Fell was running on all fours now. She loved a good run. She loved the feeling of the wind in her fur, and how the soft ground cushioned her paws.

Eden didn't even bother to stop when she reached the fallen tree that marked the border. She jumped over it, not at all caring that a gnarled branch tore her tartan skirt, her flame red tail streaming behind her.

Eden didn't have a destination in mind, she just wanted to explore beyond Nutter Forest for a change. She was a fully grown monstrum now, she was more than capable of taking care of herself as she wandered beyond the safety of the border....

Eden came to a stop at a babbling brook and took a long drink.

A twig snapped as a foul scent hit Eden's scent glands.

"Dammit." Eden cursed as the scent of the predator grew stronger.

It was a forest manticore. They were rare, but of course Eden managed to find one. What was worse was that it was right across from where she was drinking, its orange eyes staring right at her.

Without hesitating, Eden whirled around and ran, heading back to the border.

Eden ran, but this time she wasn't enjoying it. The air reeked with her fear-scent as she ran for her life, the manticore's barbed tail striking again and again, desperately trying to stab its quarry.

Everything passed by in a blur until Eden tripped on something which sent her tumbling head over paws with a yelp of pain.

Eden lay on her side, her whole body aching. She glanced upward at the beast glowering down at her with fangs bared.

"Daddy...Papa..." Eden whimpered. Oh why hadn't she listening to her fathers?

The manticore was about to make the killing blow with its barbed tail...

Eden closed her eyes and braced herself for the fiery pain of the venom.....but it when it didn't come, her eyes flew open and her jaw flew open in shock at the sight before her.

A black Lycan male dressed in a brown trench coat with a matching fedora hat. He was brandishing a broadsword, which was blocking the deadly barb.

"Are you okay miss?" The black Lycan asked, his eyes never leaving the manticore.

"Y-Yes." Eden replied.

"Good to hear." With a deft flick of his wrist, the strange monstrum cut off the manticore's barb. Black blood splattered everywhere as the beast roared in agony.

Eden watched with horror. For a moment, she thought the beast would attack again, but instead, it fled in terror.

The black Lycan sheathed his sword and rushed to Eden's side. "Are you hurt?"

"I don't think so." She couldn't help but be taken aback by his eyes, which were a stunning dark purple.

It was a sheer force of will for Gabriel to keep his tail from wagging. The young female Lycan was absolutely beautiful , with dark red fur, a very fluffy dark red tail, which was wagging furiously, with the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen.

Bright yellow with narrow pupils....

The pupils of a vampire.