Chapter 1

Twenty five years later......

Gabriel Archer trekked through the woods, Nutter Forest was known for its thorny bushes and blood red roses, but that's not why the Lycan was there......

Gabriel Archer was an assassin from the ArchAngel Pack, a mafia gang based in Lugosi, the capitol of the great city of Transylvania.

The great Count Dracula had hired him and too other assassins for this job.

The Count wanted them to hunt down and bring them the head's of the traitor Crowley, who was a vampire, and his Lycan mate. Aziraphale Fell.

Gabriel remembered the little runt. No one from his pack was surprised that he fled with the vampire, their pack didn't tolerate weakness, they were glad to be rid of him....

At least that was what he told himself. He always envied other packs, how they were more of a cohesive family unit and took care of one another, regardless if you were weak or strong. He envied Aziraphale for having the courage to flee with a vampire of all things.

The members of his pack weren't even his kin, so there was no familial connection, but he had no friendship with them either, friendship was considered weakness too.

There time together revolved around killing (which he did not enjoy and came up with very clever ways to get out of killing someone), stealing and occasionally clashing with Dracula's coven of vampires. The Count was willing to let bygones be bygones in order to hire the ArchAngel pack's best assassin to bring down the traitors.

Dracula had also hired two of his best vampire assassins to search two other locations and Gabriel didn't like them one bit. Hastur and Ligur were savages who relished in torturing their targets

Gabriel glanced down at the watch on his furry black wrist. It would be sunrise soon. He came upon a clearing and yanked off his backpack and pitched camp.

Gabriel examined his map by the firelight. He was in the southern part of Nutter Forest. Hastur and Ligur were in the east and the west. Once he checked the south, he would rendezvous with them in the north.

He hoped he wouldn't find anyone. If he did, what Hastur and Ligur didn't know wouldn't hurt them.