7

Wind held their breath so she could listen to the voice on the phone. But she became numb. She couldn't hear a single voice except the ringing voice in her ears. Her heat thudded so hard against her chest that one could think it will explode. Her feet didn't gave her any support and she fell down on the ground with a thud. She could hear any voice. Her breath shortened. She clutched her chest as she felt pain in her chest. Only sound left her mouth was small whisper.

Ahmed...

Aqeel was inticipating her reaction. He was constantly calling her name but she wasn't replying. Then he heard a thud. He sped up the car toward her home. His own hands were shivering. He was driving car towards her home. He looked toward Ahmed's mama who was already weeping and his father who was giving support to his wife and whispering soothing words.

"Eise nahi btana tha use "  he heard his amma's weak voice. He looked at her from the mirror. He didn't know what to do when he first got news. He was already so scared. He didn't want to lose his another friend. He didn't replied.

(You didn't have to tell her like that)

He decided to call her again but she wasn't receiving it. He looked back at them. Mr khan was looking at him and he shakes his head. He was now regretting his decision. He should have collected them then would have told them. She was alone. He had messed up. He run his fingers through his hairs. He was now regretting.

Car screeched and came to halt infront of Ahmed's home.  The whole house was in darkness except one window was illuminated. They came out and he started banging on the door. Mr khan came and put hand on his shoulder and he opened the door with the keys he have.

They entered and run toward the room upstairs. Mrs khan entered first. She found daneen fallen on the ground. She moved fastly toward her and took her in her arms. She put her head on her lap. Her eyes was closed years were evident on the cheeks. She was clutching her chest. Mrs khan wasn't that panicking as she know that he wasn't only her son. He was son of his nation as well. But the girl in her lap was so young.

"Dani mera bacha ankhien kholo. Meri trf Dekho." She patted her cheeks gently. Dani opened her eyes. tears were brimming in her eyes. "I can't breathe" she whispered.

(Dani open your eyes look my child )

"Ok breath in, and breathe out. Ahmed will be ok INSHAA ALLAH." She began to take large gulps of breaths. "Breathe calmly. Slowly in through nose and out through mouth."  She kissed her hairline and made her up. "Focus on your breathing meri Jan" she asked aqeel to bring water with tablespoon.

Mr khan entered with glass on his hands. He handed her glass and she filled tablespoon with water and brought it infront of her lips and asked her to take small sips.

~*~

She was on prayer mat begging her lord to save his life. It's been a week and there was no news from army. They found two bodies of sepoy and solider. Other wasn't found yet.

"Allah plz Ahmed ko apne hifzoamman mein rakhien. Allah ap khfoor rakhim hain kareem hain. Ap ke sewa koi nahi hai jo mery dil ka haal jaata ho ap hi baacha sakty  hain unhien. Allah plz-"  she choked on her words and her head fell in her hands which she had cupped infront of qibla. Her body shooked with sobs. She bned in prostration and cried while continuously mumbling "Allah Ahmed ko baacha lein plz Allah"

She was in her inlaw's home. She was in room,where Ahmed had spend his whole life.she didn't left this room for now two days.
She folded prayer mat and got up and made her way to bed. She lie down on her side and look toward Ahmed side. This remind her of her first day of marriage, and many memories of Ahmed. She put her hand on Ahmed's pillow. She was trying to feel his presence which she was craving. She was trying to find his presence in his pillow, shirts,perfume and what not. She immediately wiped her face when she heard a knock. She got up and opened her door daniyah was standing infront of her. She dodged her and came inside with a tray in her hands. She turned around to look at her sister. She placed tray on the table and goes toward window to
remove curtains.