I Love You

After we got back from our date, Lisa said that she's off to somewhere. I gave her a raised brow, a silent question to where she'll be going but she shrugged me off with a wave of a hand. I, unhappy with how she dismissed me, trudged back to my room. The fear of losing Lisa became greater each day and I don't know when the strings will finally snap which will push her farther away from me.

I plopped down on my bed and covered my face with a pillow so I can scream all my frustrations.

"Wow." The sudden voice beside me made me jerk and my mouth automatically closed. I pulled the pillow off my face and was greeted by the sight of Jisoo frowning at me.

"You sounded like you wanted to sttangle someone. Where did all that come from? " She asked while pushing me using her foot so that she can occupy a part of my bed. I groaned when her foot collided with my ribs.

I glared at her, the frustrated tears I was holding back for how many hours finally cascaded down my eyes.

"Jennie?" She seemed taken aback by my tears that she immediately knelt down beside my bed and held my cheeks. "Why are you crying?"

I shook my head to remove her hand but she held it firmly and made me look at her in the eyes. "I-" I choked while clutching her shirt. "I'm scared, Chu. I am so scared."

"Why? What happened?"

"Lisa." I felt my throat clogged up once again and fresh new tears ran down my face. I couldn't shake off the feeling that she was really slipping away from me. Like it was inevitable that she's straying far from me and I couldn't do anything to make her stay.

"What? Why? I thought I'll find you here grinning like a lovesick fool just because you two went out." She finally moved to settle beside me and pushed my head so that it'll rest on her shoulder.

"Do you know w-where she is?" I decided to ask instead, the painful clog in my throat was too hard to swallow that my voice cracked.

"I don't. Should I know?"

For a second I looked at her before smiling bitterly. "No. But I should, right?"

Her brows furrowed. "You don't?"

I balled my fist as I bit the insides of my cheek. The smile I had on made my lips quiver and I looked up to see her studying me. I shook my head then let the curtain of hair block my teary face. "I don't. I don't know where she is or what she's going through. I feel like she's not... like she's back to that old Lisa, Jisoo. And I can't... I can't figure out what happened."

"Did you talk to her?" She asked while she tilted my head and wiped my tears. "Have you asked her what's her problem?"

"I've tried but she kept on pushing me away."

She was about to open her mouth to argue but I knew what she was about to say so I continued, "That's why I'm giving her time. Maybe... Maybe it'll help her open up easier when I'm not breathing down on her neck."

"Please tell me I'm doing the right thing?" I pleaded. "Please tell me."

Jisoo didn't say anything for a few seconds. Her brows were still meeting in the middle with her lips drawn downward, a sign that she was thinking deeply. Fear rushed in me with how she was looking at me. Sometimes I get scared by how Jisoo sees things and I knew for a fact that whatever will come out of her mouth will either deeply put sense in my mind or hurt me.

"Jennie," she started, the frown on her face deepened. "Haven't you given her enough time? It's been weeks already..."

I kept my mouth shut because even I don't know the answer to that. Does she need more time? For how long will I keep my mouth shut so that she can breathe easier with me around? Without me asking questions that will agitate her?