Soulmates

After eating a piece each, Lisa and I decided to meet the other two on the ground floor where the dinner will be served. We usually ask for room service but Jisoo and Chaeng informed us that they already secured a room there and we're free to join them when we can.

We brought the cake with us but to my surprise, the cake, apart from the two slices they had, it remained untouched throughout our dinner. Suddenly things got weird after we all finished eating (aside from Chaeyoung who was still halfway done with her cake).

I briefly glanced at Lisa and saw her lips jutted in a contemplative pout.

The dinner was divine yet aside from that, it settled heavily inside my stomach. I eyed my group warily.

When did our dinner become this silent?

The silence was broken by a shuffling of feet and I looked up to see Chaeyoung infront of me. She cleared her throat and smiled- well, if that could be considered as one because it just made her face look weird.

"Yes?" I asked her.

She bit her lips before glancing at the cake then her eyes went back at me. Despite not voicing out what it was, I already know what she wants. I chuckled before gesturing 'go ahead'.

"No."

My head whipped towards my left and Lisa was now glaring at Chaeng.

"Lisa," I sighed. "Let her have a piece or it will just spoil."

"No."

Chaeyoung pouted at me and begged with her eyes. I wanted Jisoo to help me but she was still silent while eyeing us three. This made me worried since she always tease the two youngest when she has the chance. She'll always join the fun and provoke Lisa by siding with Chaeyoung.

"Lisaaaaa!" Chaeng whined which made me look at them again. The latter was speaking in English, a sign that she was frustrated.

"I was the one who told you about it and it worked, didn't it?"

"You fooled me and made me spend my money on something Jennie didn't like!"

Chaeng turned to me, her pout was visible. "You don't like it, unnie?"

"I did but you know I'm not a cake person."

Lisa stood up and pointed a finger at the second youngest. "See!"

"Didn't you hear her? She liked the flavor I chose, Lisa!"

I sighed and stood up. As much as this was entertaining, I have to address Jisoo's silence so I motioned for Chaeng's plate and cut a slice.

"Nini!" Lisa whined again.

I looked at Chaeng before looking at Lisa. "This is for me."

Chaeng's hopeful gaze instantly vanished as her mouth hang agape. "W-What? It isn't for me?"

"No."

Stomping her foot, Chaeyoung glared at Lisa and me before going back to her seat while Lisa grinned triumphantly. The chipmunk was eyeing me while I took a small bite, disdain evident on her eyes. She was muttering under her breath and I swear, I could feel the curses looming over my head.

"Don't look at Jennie like that!" Lisa shot Chaeng a glare before smiling at me. "It tastes great, doesn't it?"

I swallowed before shaking my head. Lisa's face fell. "It does but again, I'm not a cake person so Chaeng, come here and eat this all."

"Wha- Yah!"

Lisa tried to stop Chaeyoung from reaching for the plate but the latter was quicker and playfully made face at Lisa.