Freedom

3rd POV

Everything was perfect. Too perfect for it to be real that fear suddenly encapsulated her exhilarated being. It was rather stupid, she thought but she had all the reasons to be scared.

One, they were doing so well with their concerts despite its schedule and strenuous practices here and there. They've already memorized the steps long before the promotions but they're practicing again and again, enough to think that it was already embedded in their DNA and would dance to it automatically even without not wanting to.

Even after a long day of practice and nights of performing, they never failed to put an amazing show that made the blinks beg and trend hashtags to have another day with them. That was how good they were that it made them want for more, to have another night of seeing them perform despite how crazy expensive the tickets were. But even she could not deny the energy and the fun she felt while spending those nights with blinks. It was reassuring and in a way, self-fulfilling to finally meet those who support them and to give the best she could while performing.

She even said it herself that if only they had more songs, they'll perform it 'till they couldn't, but they had to say goodbye after 13 songs and the solo performance of each member.

Second, the CEO has been too quiet lately. After that conversation with him, he never tried to contact Jennie again or called her on his office. She knew it was too impossible for him not to intervene with her decision so she was expecting another ploy to make her stop but none of her worst nightmares were ever thrown at her. None. Zero plots and media plays.

And that made her more scared. Their CEO wasn't the type to just let it slide, especially when things weren't in his favor. He might have wronged the both of them before and apologized for it but that didn't stop him from controlling their schedules and lives. He still got them wrapped around his fingers despite showing that they have more freedom this time. Freedom. She scoffed at that.

Third, Coachella was just around the corner that she could almost feel the energy of the crowd and the humid desert air, could almost picture their stylish clothes for two performances, and she could taste the saltiness of the wind despite she, herself has not attended once in the 20 years it has been going on.

But coachella could wait. Her plans couldn't.

"Lisa!" She barged inside the room of the younger, who was still sprawled on her bed and her right arm was covering her eyes.

Fuming, she stormed towards the unsuspecting victim and pinched her sides which earned her a yelp. An annoyed Lisa suddenly came into view who aggressively wiped her eyes while Jennie stood there, dumbfounded.

Jennie who was shocked to the behavior of the younger girl was caught off guard and her annoyance was replaced by reluctance.

She tugged her arm and sat infront of her, guilt was gnawing her. The latter still refused to face her while still wiping her eyes and containing her sniffles.

"Lisa?"

She bit her lips and looked down at her hands that were slightly trembling in fear and guilt.

"... I'm sorry."

"Just..." Lisa took a deep breath and sighed. "Just leave me alone for now."

She shook her head no, "Lili. Tell me what's wrong."

Finally the younger girl looked at her. She finally took her appearance and she bit the insides of her cheeks to stop herself from tearing up.

Lisa looked horrible. Her hair was unkempt and she had bags under her eyes. Her doe eyes that were usually full of life looked dull and lifeless. Her lips were chapped and swollen, probably from biting it too much.