two

When Cheryl found out that Alice wanted to do a press release, we went there together. We actually intended to go to her house, but that could also be interesting. We stood in the crowd and looked up at them.

"There's been a swirl of rumors today about our daughter Polly. And we're standing here to tell you that they're all false. Yes, Polly was seeking treatment in a private-care facility and she was under strict observation even at the time of Jason Blossom's death. When she found out about the murder, she was beside herself with grief. You see," she paused. "my daughter Polly is pregnant with Jason Blossom's baby. Polly wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone the father of her unborn child."

The Blossoms quickly left the press release. I wanted to follow her but Cheryl gave me a sign that she need time alone. So I quickly left the press release and went home. On the evening when I was home, my father told me that he decided to take the job offer from Fred Andrews. He told me that Jug was here to talk with him. I think it was the first real conversation we had in the last weeks.

***

Cheryl and I sat in the same sitting area as always in Pop's. We ordered milkshakes and burgers. We were almost finished with dinner, she was just telling me that her parents, she and Betty are about to meet, since Betty probably knows where Polly is, when the door opened and my father came in with Fred, Archie and Jughead. My dad looked better, he was finally not drunk. The hours passed, my dad and everyone went away and the Blossom's came. When Betty was there too, it was my sign to leave.

I went home and got ready for bed. Later that evening, I heard the door open from the trailer and Jughead and my dad step into the trailer. You could hear them talking for a moment until it suddenly became quiet. I opened my door quietly and saw Jughead next to my father, who was asleep. At first I wanted to go to him and talk to him, but then decided against it and went back to sleep.

I woke up later the next day. My dad was still knocked out on the couch. I quietly made myself something to eat and put it in my school bag. Before leaving the trailer, I gave my dad a glass of water and an aspirin. Outside, I got on the motorcycle and drove off to school. When I was about to enter the school building, Sheriff Keller came out with Jughead. When he saw me, he came up to me. "Miss Miller, you have to come with us to the ward too, just for an interview." I looked at him in amazement, what kind of motive did he find in me? Annoyed, I followed them into the car.

At the station, they put Jughead and me in two separate rooms. Another Sheriff came into my room. "Miss Miller. You are here on the assumption that you have a motive." I raised my eyebrows and looked at him. "And what request?" "Jealousy." I looked at him confused. "You didn't really have a lovely childhood, grew up in the trailer park, you mother left your family and you are not particularly rich. Another reason is that we have evidence that you felt more than friendship for Jason. And the final reason is your propensity for violence. When you were 12, you were dragged into a fight between Serpents and others. " listed the deputy.

"Ok, that's interesting. Well, first of all, I grew up in difficult circumstances, but why should I be jealous of Jason? Because of his parents? I even prefer mine. And I never felt more than friendship for Jason, we did kissed once and that was while we were playing truth or dare. And I have no tendency to violence and also no longer have any contact with the people from back then. Anything else?"
He looked down on his note and then looked up again. "I have one more question, why did you change your name from Jones to Miller?" "I didn't want to be associated with this family anymore." With this sentence I left the interview room. I was outside on my motorcycle, wanting to look whether Jughead is coming out. After 10 minutes he left the building with Archie, Betty and Mr Andrews. I saw my dad get to the them before I left the parking lot.