Chapter 4

Vanessa stirred in her sleep. She felt cold, which was unusual because Eep kept her warm. She reached out to Eep but no one was there. She woke up and looked to check but she wasn't there. Peering down the ledge and saw Eep and light.

She just watched her. It was quite amusing, Eep was trying to catch the light. Eep was too engrossed to notice she was being watched. The light started to fade away outside the cave so the curious girl went to the boulder that closed the cave and pushed it.

Eep looked up to make sure she didn't wake up her family, still not noticing Vanessa. She made the entrance big enough for her and followed the light. Vanessa was hesitant to go out, she remembers the bear owl but Eep went out so it must be safe. Vanessa followed Eep, she wasn't far behind her but made sure to keep her distance.

Vanessa claimed on the cliff and watch Eep confront a Warthog? walking on two legs. Then it something clicked in her head, it was a person and was about to be crushed by a boulder by Eep.

Vanessa ran in front of the person and yelled "Eep stop!" and she did. Both girls were standing next to each other looking at the person taking off his warthog mask and revealed a boy. He smiled and tilted his head.

'He's so cute' Vanessa thought and she gave him a closed eye smile. She didn't notice but the boy was looking at her love-struck, he was about to say something but Eep panicked and dropped the boulder on His foot he screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAUUUGGHHH!"

Eep swiftly silenced him and told him to shush. Vanessa panicked "You're suffocating him." The guy found a stick and hit the side of Eep's head. "Oww."

Vanessa kneeled next to him and looked worried at him "Are you okay, I'm sorry about Eep not used to people." The boy looked at her, a bit embrassed. "I'm fine, thank you for asking."

Eep gasped "You talk." Vanessa gave her a, are you serious look "He's a person just like us and you hurt him. Can you please lift the boulder?." Once she lifted the boulder and tossed it aside then she lifted the boy with one hand. She examined him.

He looked shaken up "I'm sort of like you." The cave girl wasn't sure about him and sniffed him then turned him upside down. Vanessa was horrified the poor boy must be scared "Put him down Eep, you can see he's like us." That fell to death ears The cave girl started to poke the boy and he giggled. "hee hee hee, that tickles." The cave girl continued to observe him while her adoptive sister ushered her to put him down. Eep looked closely and saw the creature and dropped the boy on his head.

Vanessa looked petrified "You just dropped him on his head," she quickly went to his side and her hands on his head checking for any injuries. her hands were on his cheeks and she looked at him "Are you okay?" She asked softly.

The boy felt warm hands on his cheeks, he opened his eyes to see her few inches from his face looking worried. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine," he strutted out. 'Her hands are so small and warm now looking up close her she was cute'

"Are you sure? Your staring you know."

"S-sorry I've never seen someone of your skin colour its beautiful."

The girl was never called beautiful by someone other than her parents, this made her cheeks feel warm. From the corner of their eyes, the fire was fading. The boy's eyes widen and moved towards it. The cave girl blocked the boy from reaching it.

"No! It's mine!"

"It's dying! I can fix it"

"No, no. I caught it"

Vanessa quickly tugged on Eeps arm "Just let him fix it, I don't want to be in the dark either."

"Please I hate the dark"