Chapter 11

"Grug?" Ugga called out.

The whole family were at the bottom of the tree looking for Grug. No one had seen him since last night.

"Dad?" Thunk shouted, lifting up a rock.

"Dad!"

Everyone looked around for any trace of him. As they spread out Guy walked close beside her, just to make sure she was safe."He's a big guy. How can he just disappear like that?"Guy groaned, looking around frantically.

Thunk's eyes lit up as something caught his eyes "Hey wait. Let's ask that ugly lady if she's seen dad," Thunk pointed to someone, making everyone turn in said direction.

"Huh?" Ugga's head tilted in confusion as she saw the person.

Grug spins around, he was wearing a rasta-style wig made from grass. "Haven't seen him."

"Augh!" Ugga jumped back shocked "What are you doing?" She asked as everyone stood behind her bewildered.

Trying to play Eep and Vanessa, he starts explaining "Yeah, Wow. Like, I was up all night cuzlike all these ideas, just kept coming to me."

Vanessa's and Guy's eyes fell on the Boa Constrictor wrapped around his waist. "Is that a snake," Guy asks as he stands in front of Vanessa, acting as a shield in case the snake lunges at them.

"Belt! New and improved!"

Hearing this Belt growled at him and the snake.

"Ow! It's even self-tightening! "The constrictor squeezed Grug till he turned blue. "Ow!" Grug couldn't take it anymore and smacked it. With that, it loosened and fell to the ground.

"What is that on your head?" Ugga asked, looking at it disgustedly.

"It's called desperation," Gran said bluntly.

Hearing this Vanessa coughed, trying to hide her laugh.

Grug stroked his weird, fake rasta hair. He swings it around "It's called a 'rug.' Rhymes with Grug and this one," Grug regards a boulder as if it was a Ferrari "I call it a ride. Rhymes with Grug."

"That doesn't-" Guy was cut off by Grug.

"It's gonna get us places faster than shoes," he said, nudging Eep.

Grug climbs on top of the rock facing them. "Yeah. Try to keep up." He leans back. The ''car'' rolls downhill and smashes into a redwood, toppling it. The Croods stepped aside to avoid the tree, Vanessa was in Guy's arms as he pulled her with him.

"I wish I had a ride," Thunk said, Vanessa looked at him like he was crazy.

(* ^ ω ^)

Grug slathered Thunk's face with reddish mud "Painting is a thing of the past. I call this, a ''snap-shot.'' Grug takes a huge flat stone and smashes it against Thunk, forcibly transferring the mud image to the rock. He shows it to the family.

"Let's do it again. I think I blinked," Thunk passes out.

(' ∀ ' *)

Now, they were wearing wooden sunglasses. Which was basically like wearing blindfolds. "I call the ''shade."

Thunk was in awe "The sun doesn't hurt my eyes anymore! Where do you get these great ideas?" Thunk flung his arms in the air smacking Gran.

Vanessa waves her hands in front of her, her hands landed on someone's chest. A Large warm arm wraps around her waist, and one hand lifts up her ''shades.'' Vanessa looked up at him and blinked innocently. Guy smirked, he grabbed her hand and led her back towards the family.