2. Trypanophobia (2010)

(Third person POV)

The Director of S.H.I.E.L.D and Maria Hill walk through the hallways on their way to get the teenager, now going by the name of 'Eleandra', to show her to her temporary room in the HQ. The normal silence is interrupted by a yelling coming from the hospital room. Two different voices, screaming at each other. An adult voice coming from doctor Johnson, and a younger, somehow louder voice.

Quickly glancing at each other, Fury and Hill pick up pace. As Maria opens the door and Fury enters, they both see that the normally neat and tidy room is now turned into big mess.

The doctor is stood against the closest wall looking at the furthest.

"What the hell happened here," the director exclaims.

"My apologies, director, but it seems that miss Brooke isn't the biggest fan of needles," the doctor explains.

"Oh, come on! Damnit Brooke, you probably won't even feel it," the director says, rolling his eye.

"I don't care. This isn't supposed to happen. I'm not letting her stab me with her giant needle," Eleandra says, slowly poking her head around the bench where she was sat.
"Have you even seen the damn thing? Have you seen it?!"

"Yes, I've also had blood drawn," the director says.

"Eleandra, please" Maria says. "The sooner that's done, the faster you can leave."

"Hi Maria," the girl greets the agent. "Big fan."

The same confused look Coulson had now appears on Maria's face aswell.

"Come on, kid, we don't have time for this."

"Damnit Fury, I'd rather have everything that's inside, stay inside me."

Fury sighs and gestures the doctor to put down the needle. She does as he asked and Eleandra decides it's safe to leave her little hiding spot.

"I'm so sorry, but I see a needle and it's like, boom," she says while imitating an explosion.
"I'll help clean up the mess."

"No, no need for that," the doctor says on a 'no, please, just leave' tone

"Now please, follow agent Hill to your room," the director says, clearly annoyed by the teenagers behavior.

"You were a worthy opponent, but I win," the fifteen year old tells the doctor and more specifically to the syringe, gaining a very disapproving look from both the doctor and the director. Maria has a small smirk on her face.

"Come along, kid," Maria gestures for Triana to follow her. She does and walking into the hallway, she can hear Fury say: "This is why I never wanted kids."

Maria quickly glances at the girl following her.

"Oh, I would be a great example for his kids," the girl says, seeing Maria's gaze.

"No doubt you would," Agent Hill replies.

The duo walks for another moment before Maria stops at a door leading into a room with a bed, a closet and a dresser. There is one more door that most likely leads to a bathroom.

"Get dressed, meet us in the meeting room downstairs in 5 minutes," Maria orders.

"Aye, aye."

(First person POV)

On the bed there's a bunch of clothes; a shirt, a sweater, a pair of- "skinny jeans?! I hate skinny jeans" and some black socks.

I have a lot of trouble getting in the jeans, even though they're a bit too big (Oh, these skinny jeans always gotta be difficult). I jump around, bump into every bit of furniture there is, fall on the floor... like- twice, before they're finally on. The t-shirt and the sweater are too big, but I don't mind that.

Realising I'm already late, I quickly put on the socks and make my way to the meeting room. I knock and open the door.

"These jeans are the worst, like- whose idea was this?" I complain.

"That's exactly what I told them when I started working here," a female voice says.

I close the door and look towards the woman.

"Oh shi- Hello," I say while waving at Sharon Carter, sitting at the chair at the long table.

"Clothing is the last of our worries now," Fury says.

"You really need to do something about it, though," I say, sitting down at one of the other chairs and leaning down to tie my shoes.

"I wanted to introduce you to agent Carter, but that's pointless," the director begins

"We discussed this, and we want you to take part in the recruit training here in the base," Hill says.

"One of the reasons I came here was to get rid of PE, and now your telling me, I have to do PE?"

"It's not only physical exercises, Eleandra. It's weaponry and fighting aswell, will be useful someday,"

"Mkay, fine, I just hope I don't die doing push-ups," I mumble.

"If you die, it won't be because of doing push-ups," Fury says.

"Finally, I want you to have this," he says sliding a watch across the table.

"Wow, a portable clock, thank you," I say sounding as little sarcastic as possible.

"With that portable clock, we will be able to contact you, if we need you. We'll be able to send you coordinates. And you'll be able to read time."

"This is everything I've ever wanted, thanks," I say while struggling to get the watch around my wrist.
"Hey Sharon, could you maybe, please, gimme a hand?" I ask the woman who is sat the closest to me.

"Sure," she answers.

She helps me put on the watch and sits back on her chair.

"So, if you have no further questions, you can leave. The cafetaria is on first floor. Tomorrow, at 7am, ..." Fury says, ignoring my sigh"... Agent Ayla will be waiting for you outside."

"Really, when you wanted to meet me, I thought you were gonna ask me to be part of the Avengers Initiative," I say standing up and turning towards the door.

"How do you know ab- whatever," he waves it off.

"Bye!" I say while closing the door and making my way downstairs.