9. Assembling (2012)

Two weeks later.

(First person POV)

"Nat left for Russia, got called by Coulson. He said 'yo, wanna kick some god-level ass?' Apparently, Loki, God of Misschief, got out of his ice cube and hypnotised some agents. And then Nat said 'yeah sure, lemme get some extra muscles on the team', and went to talk to Bruce Banner. After that, Coulson went to talk to the rich guy -you knew his dad- and then Fury came to talk to you, and now we're here."

I finish my story and smile at the blonde man sitting on the other side of the plane, who's clearly trying to put all the pieces together.

"And, uh, what are you doing here? 'Cause you seem - what, thirteen?" Steve Rogers asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Well actually, grandpa, I'm fifteen, thanks a lot. And I'm moral support. I'm gonna be the one they'll call 'the coolest Avenger'."

He nods frowning his forehead.

"And I also have a cat at home. His name is Souchi ... he's the main character in all this." I add, keeping a straight face as Steve looks at me in utter confusion.

"Fury said I couldn't bring him, but that's just because he's scared of him

"Fury said I couldn't bring him, but that's just because he's scared of him."

"The Director is scared of your cat?" He asks, his confusion only growing bigger.

"Yeah, definitely,"

"However clear your explanation was," Coulson says looking from me to Steve. "Captain, please have a look at this."

Phil hands him a tablet, and Steve looks at it in surprise, never having seen such a weird looking piece of technology. That feeling quickly makes place for seriousness, as he takes in all the information on the tablet.

It takes him a couple of minutes before he speaks again.
"So Bruce Banner was trying to replicate the serum they used on me?" Steve asks to Coulson, who had been talking to the pilot.

"He wasn't the only one," Phil replies. "You were the world's very first superhero."

Phil starts explaining what and how and why, but I can only focus on the clip of the Hulk wrecking a car, 'cause man, that's scary.

"The guy's like a Stephen Hawking," Phil says, also looking at the video.

Steve looks at Coulson in confusion, clearly not knowing who Stephen Hawking is.

"He's like- a smart person,"

Steve nods lightly as he returns his gaze to the screen.

Phils face softens and he stands up a little straighter.

"I gotta say, it's an honour to meet you," he says, with a tiny smile on his lips. "Officially."

Steve smiles back as Coulson starts making it awkward.