[30] THIS IS OFF TO A GREAT START

"You look

"You look....tall."

Less than five seconds into your date and you were already contemplating leaving. Sakusa seemed to notice as he embarrassedly fiddled with his mask.

"I'm sorry I was trying to compliment you."

"I noticed. To be fair, it's a lot better than last time. We'll work on it."

He gave you a relieved smile as he walked towards you until you were face to face. That's when he realized he was hardly looking down at you.(definitely because of the heels but let's not talk about that.)

You smirked as you sized up against him. "Guess you can't call me half nut anymore huh?"

He lifted an eyebrow in amusement as he looked at you up and down. "Nah I still will. Somehow 'quarter nut' just doesn't have the same ring to it you know? Besides I like to remind you that you're figuratively below me."

"I could be physically below you too if you weren't too much of a pussy to fuck me," you mumbled under your breath. Fortunately, he didn't hear you.

Instead, he had a far off look in his eyes as he was admiring you. You took the chance to step up on the sidewalk. Effectively making you taller than him.

"No wonder tall people are fucking assholes. I feel like a King up here."

He smirks. "A King? Literally, all it takes is one kick and you'll kiss the pavement."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh, I would. You are only still standing because I let you."

"You're making a terrible first date impression."

"I called you dirty and smelly when I tried to ask you out. I literally could not fuck up anymore even if I tried." He retorted, taking your hands in his and helping you step down.

"And after all that I still jumped out of a building for you. I risked my legs for this date."

"And I'm risking my brain cells. We're even."

"...You do remember that you're the one who asked me out, right?"

"Technically Komori asked you out."

"That is not a good thing my dude. You're lucky I even said yes."

You were expecting him to say something snarky in return. But instead, he just smiled at you."Yeah, I know."

You coughed as you tried to hide a smile of your own. "I wish I knew why I like you."

"You like me???"

"Of course I like you. Why else would I have said yes to the date?"

"I don't know. I thought you felt sorry for me or something." He murmured as he opened the car door for you. "You're so stupid. I've liked you since we met."

He got in the other side and sat down as well, "I mean this is the nicest way possible, your taste in guys is absolute shit."

You looked at him up and down then huffed, crossing your legs. "You don't say."

Sakusa's eyes couldn't help but follow the motion. It took everything in him not to reach out and touch them, wondering if they were anything like his fantasies.

He coughed loudly to distract himself from his perverted thoughts and looked at the road again before you could see him.

"Your dress is nice."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Too nice as a matter of fact. I'm 100% sure you didn't pick that out yourself."

"And how would you know?"

"I remember those atrocious outfits you sent me when we first met."

You laughed and flipped him off. "They weren't that bad."

"They looked like something Kira would pick out for me to wear. Blindfolded."

"I'm gonna tell her you said that."

Playful banter drowned out the awkwardness of the car ride. You were surprised at how easily he could go from behind a nervous wreck, to a dick, to the person making you smile until your cheeks hurt. He really was something else.

Up until that point, the two of you were so happy to be spending time with each other that you weren't really focused on the first date jitters. However, those feelings came around full swing once you saw the place.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him," Sakusa growled under his breath. You side-eyed the nervous boy, wondering what the hell he was talking about.

Before you could ask about it, he hesitantly turned to face you. "Can we not go inside?" he all but pleaded. Now you were even more confused.

"Do you not like the food here or...?"

"No, the food is fine. It's just really crowded. I don't like crowds." Truthfully, this was by far the thing Sakusa had been worrying the most about. That his personal issues would come out at the worst time and ruin the date for him. He didn't want another crush of his to think he was weird.

To his surprise, you loudly sighed in relief. "Oh thank God."

"What?"

"I didn't want to go in there either. I have as much formal etiquette as a newborn elephant." You waved off.

"That doesn't correlate in any way but at least it's creative." You shrugged half-heartedly as you pulled your feet up to take off your shoes.

"Plus I don't think I could walk another step in these heels and that building has stairs."  you smiled as you popped the other shoe off then reached into your bag

"Y/n why the fuck do you have slippers in your bag?" he asked as he stared at the brightly colored flip-flops.

You blinked at him. "Well, I couldn't exactly jump out a window in heels now could I? And even with the slipper I still hurt my ankles."

Sakusa rolled his eyes and reached for the leg closest to him then put it in his lap, gently rubbing circles on your skin and rotating your ankle. You gave him a goofy smile as you got comfortable and put the other foot on him as well.

"Don't get comfortable. I'm just doing this because you have a game tomorrow and I don't want you to fuck up. You're embarrassing enough as is."

"There's the asshole I know and love." Sakusa rolled his eyes and switched to the other foot. "So obviously the dinner date won't work. Any more ideas?"

"Nope. You?"

You put up a finger for a moment like you were thinking, then sighed. "Nope, I got nothing."

"...."

"...."

He chuckled as he pulled out his phone. "Pinterest?"

"Pinterest."

—𝗆𝗒𝗌𝗍𝗂𝖼

—𝗆𝗒𝗌𝗍𝗂𝖼