[06] LOVE ME NOT

I had to change up a few things. (y/n) is now a basketball player instead of netball one because netballers don't wear numbers. Plus it's not a very popular sport in Japan.

Sorry to any of my netball babes.

The rest of the day went by uneventfully

The rest of the day went by uneventfully. Atsumu seemed to be avoiding you, for the most part, his cocky demeanour never faltered again. It reinforced in you that he indeed didn't care. He had no remorse for what he did. And though you'd never admit it out loud, it hurt. You've had a crush on the blonde twin ever since you were kids, and though you never expected him to be heartbroken you had been hoping that you meant enough to him to at least feel bad for playing with your feelings like that.

You were wrong.

Yet despite what all the evidence pointed to, you still had hope for him. You kept telling yourself it was a misunderstanding, that he never meant to hurt you and that if you just talked to him everything would be okay. You came up with every excuse under the sun instead of just accepting what you already knew was true.

denial is a powerful drug 🤡🤡🤡

It was this dumbfuckery which led you to stay back after school searching for the blonde boy, to hopefully get him alone so you could talk. After searching for him for what felt like hours, you were about to take it as a sign from God and just take your ass home, but out of pure luck (if you could call it that), you saw two of his friends nearby.

You were about to call out to them until you heard them mention your name, and being the nosey bitch you were you decided to eavesdrop.

"Did you hear that Atsumu asked out (y/n) the other day?" the first boy asked, making the second laugh out loudly.

"(Y/N)??? As in basketball captain (Y/N)?? Miya's standards dropped low huh?"

" That's what I thought too. But I mean, she does have a nice ass though. She'd be a solid 7 if she wasn't such an aggressive bitch."

"7?? Isn't that her jersey number? Irony at its finest. I still don't get why he'd settle for someone like her though. He has most of the girls here wrapped around his finger. He could have anyone he wants so why would he choose (y/n)?"

"He didn't. It was a bet." A third voice spoke up. This one you recognized be one of Osamu's friends, Suna.

"That asshole is using her for no reason other than to seem cool for not backing down from a bet." His piercing eyes locked onto them, making both boys look away nervously. "Osamu is gonna kill him, then you two for talking shit about (y/n) when he finds out."

"Not if I get to him first," your loud, bitter laugh startled the already terrified duo, whose guilty eyes couldn't bear to meet yours. Suna remained unphased as if he had known you were there. He took note of the way you were gripping the books in your hands and discerned that you must have heard everything the other dumbasses had said before he came.