The First

Knuckles' P.O.V

I was just sitting on our couch, watching tv. 

Of all the things I was watching, baseball. It was the one thing that told me I was a winner and someone who was worth living in this world. We did win that baseball game fair and square with Eggman that one time. I will say I was happy about it despite denying it my whole life. I felt my eyelids getting heavy.

~ An hour later ~

*Beep Beep Beep Beep*

God what is the forsaken noise? With my eyes closed, I tried everything to see if I could shut off that noise. But I couldn't find it. I grumbled and sat up from the couch. I saw it was my watch that Tails had given all of us a long time ago.

"Urgent! Urgent! Please come! Urgent!" It said over and over. I picked it up and realized they really needed me. "Calm down, I'm here! What's wrong?" "Sonic's in labor! We don't know what to do and we're trapped inside Eggman's base because the power went out! Please he's so scared!"

Well, that was fast. "Alright, don't worry! I'll be on my way! Do you guys need anything?" "Uh, blankets and towels. If you happen to have Chaos Emeralds that would be helpful but it's not as important. Sonic's in a lot of pain. We could really use your help!" "I'll be there before you know it! Just hang tight!"

With that, I grabbed a few things from inside the house and headed straight out the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I made it to the base. But were they trapped inside? I knocked on the door. "Knock, knock, it's Knuckles!" I shouted. I heard a bang from the inside of the building and wondered what was going on. "Try to pry it open Knucks!" I heard a voice say, the doors barely creaking open. I tried my best to push them apart. When I got all the way inside, I got inside the building and brushed myself off. The doors then quickly slammed shut, locking us back inside.

"AGGHHHH!" I knew that cry all too well. "That bad huh?" I asked Tails. He quickly and frantically nodded his head, tears stinging his eyes. "Hey, bud! Don't be scared! He'll be fine! Can you show me where to find him?" After he calmed down, I followed him down a hallway with a flashlight and he pointed to a room. "He's in there. Please don't let anything happen to him!"

I got down to his level and put my hands on his shoulders. "Don't worry. I'll be with Sonic till the end. Just stay out here and relax okay?"

Once he was secure, I walked inside the room where Sonic, Eggman, and one of his robots were set up the room. Sonic was laying on a stretcher, trying to catch his breath.

The minute he saw me, tears fell down his face. "Knuckles!" he cried, reaching out for me. I rushed over to comfort him. "It's okay! Take deep breaths!" I instructed trying to calm him down.

Sonic's P.O.V

I tried my best to stay calm, but every awful thought was going through my head. I was crying but I was so relieved to see that Knuckles came to see me. "Shh! It'll be okay! Stay calm okay?" he reassured, rubbing my back. "UGHHHHH!!!!!" I screamed, feeling the intensity of the contractions. I needed Shadow. I wanted Shadow! Why'd he have to leave me like this?! "K-Knuckles I'm scared! S-Shadow said he was going to be here! I don't know what to do!" I sobbed, holding his hand tightly. "I need him! I can't do this by myself!" I added, still trying to deal with my pain, knowing none of this was going away.

It felt like something was squeezing me to death."You're not here by yourself Sonic! I know he can't be here and that you're scared, trust me! We're gonna do this! You are going to bring this baby into the world. Just one little push at a time." he promised. As I pushed trying to get used to the pain, I looked at how determined he was. I felt bad because I was taking up his time but... why?