The Fourth

Shadow's P.O.V

Perfect. Just perfect! 

"AHHHH!"

"It's okay Rouge! We're here for you!"

"Breathe okay?"

"SHUT UP YOU DON'T KNOW MY PAIN!"

I couldn't possibly understand how painful it was. Not that I wanted to know either! But if we were going to survive, I had to make sure we made it out alive. We knew those monster things were still outside somewhere. If they heard Rouge screaming from all the way out here, we were going to be in a lot of trouble. She was breathing heavily and trying to deal with the pain that she felt. "S-Shadow, can I hold your hand?" she begged. "Of course." I said, letting her hold it.

But that was a big mistake right there. She squeezed my hand so hard, I could hear it pop. "Agh! Rouge! Go easy on me please!" I begged, trying to loosen her grip. "Go easy on you? GO EASY ON YOU?! LAST TIME I CHECKED NOTHING WAS GOING EASY ON ME!!!" she shouted angrily. "OW! Ok ok! Sorry! Sorry!" I winced, dealing with the pain. "Here, drink some water." Topaz told her, lifting Rouge's head up. "T-Thank you!" she sobbed, taking a sip. Both of us took turns watching after her and looking out for anything that might come out here.

So far everything was fine. Other than Rouge dealing with everything that she was putting up with. When I sat with her again, she seemed more than upset. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Is it bad that I wanted Knuckles to be here? You and Topaz are doing great... but... This was supposed to be something special for us..." she asked, tears falling down her face. "No... of course not. Listen to me. It's okay to feel hurt about this. I feel the same way about Sonic... he could've given birth right now and I would've had no idea. I wanted to be there for the most important part of our lives... but I know I can't. But I promised the both of you that I'm going to help you no matter what happens here." I reassured her.

She nodded her head and I knew she was feeling the energy. She was doing great. And everything else was going great! I think.

That's when we heard a crash outside the rooms we were in. It sounded like a whole chunk of brick had crashed onto the ground. "W-What was that?" Rouge asked panicked. "Just stay calm! You have to stay strong." I told her, then went out of the room to go check on whatever was out there.

Thankfully, the place that we were in had a door with a strong build. All I would have to do is stack something against the door. I looked around the place and didn't see anything. Maybe something did just fall? After all, this place was probably a 1,000 years old. I decided to shrug it off and go back to Rouge and Topaz.

Before I could walk into the room where they were, something jumped in front of me. It growled and hissed at me. It was the creature from earlier. More appeared in my view as I fired at them. I fell over to one side. I was worried about them entering the room where Rouge was so I tried to make sure they came towards me so they wouldn't hurt them. Each one lunged at me, trying to bite me. I couldn't let them hurt her or Topaz. I ran out of ammo already. There were too many that had found out we were here.

Thank god I brought this. I took out the Chaos Emerald from my pocket, all of them backing away the minute they see it. "Oh? You don't like what I have here do you?" I asked cunningly.

They still backed away from me, hissing and growling the closer I got. "I didn't think it'd get this ugly, but I understand you guys have an attitude problem." I sneered. When I had them cornered in the temple, the emerald started glowing. "Sorry, but this is the end of the line for you."

With one final hiss, they lunged at me. "CHAOS BLAST!"

A huge explosion was brought right before my eyes. They disappeared and were no longer in my view. After the huge blast, I barely had any energy left. I picked up my empty gun and looked around one more time. I didn't see anyone or anything else coming after us. We better be in the clear now... I don't want things to get personal with the captain. That's when it occurred to me that Rouge and Topaz must've still been doing their best.

Are they okay?! I rushed over to the room where they stayed and pushed open the huge broad door that I made sure to close when I was attacked. When I made it inside the room, Rouge wasn't screaming or crying anymore. In fact... I heard something else.

"Good job Rouge! Oh, you did wonderfully! Shh, shh! It's okay! I'm going to give you over to your mom!" Topaz said. I couldn't believe it.

I don't think Rouge could either. "Oh my gosh! Wow! She's beautiful!" I heard her gasp.

I saw was a small fuzz wrapped up in a G.U.N jacket, making a whimpering sound. I watched as she held her newborn. She was all smiles. "Shadow, come here!" she urged. I was caught off guard but I walked over towards her anyway. Her baby was rather small, she was almost white but had tints of red in her fur.

"Wow. You did great." I smiled, looking at her baby squirm and fuss. "Aww! She's already like Knuckles!" she giggled. The little one opened her eyes and looked up at Rouge. "Woah." I gasped. One of their eyes was an amethyst purple, the other was a dark teal. "She's more precious than I thought she would be!" Rouge cried, holding her baby close. I smiled knowing that soon, I'll be able to have that same joy. I couldn't wait to get back to Sonic.