Three

"Giyu you asshole, did you fall asleep at the table again?"

The sound of a voice booms in the air, stirring Giyu from his slumber, his breath catching as he feels sleep clouding his mind. His body feels hunched over and aching, any small movement making the ache worse.
He winces, groaning as his neck pulses with pain, his back stiff and rigid. His left leg is asleep, tucked under his right knee.

His skin feels warm, maybe a little too warm, and his throat is dry and scratchy. He blinks, slowly opening his eyes. The world around him is blurry, and he squints, willing it into focus. He feels a presence above him, and he looks up, his mind still heavy with sleep.

Standing over him, Giyu sees Sabito, his peach colored hair tied back into a ponytail. He's shaking his head like a disapproving father, the small bundle of hair behind him swaying with the movement.

He blinks again, his mouth slightly agape. He can taste his morning breath, and he frowns at the foul stench.
"Huh?" His voice comes out weak, and he watches Sabito scoff and place his hands on his hips.

"What did I even expect from you?"

He watches, his eyes slowly following Sabito as he turns and takes a few steps towards the kitchen counter, grumbling something under his breath.

Giyu yawns, muffling the sound with his hand. Sitting up, he groans again, his back screaming at him.
His hand finds its way to the base of his neck, rubbing at the tense muscles in earnest.

It doesn't do much to help.

There's a glimpse of red in Giyu's peripheral vision as his sweater rides up his arm, but his sleep clouded mind doesn't register what it is.

Turning back to Sabito, he rubs his head, tuning back in as his best friend rambles on.

"-inobu would've come if she didn't have classes, so you're stuck with me for now. I'm making breakfast, you still like omelets right?"

Giyu blinks, nodding slowly.

Sabito smirks, seemingly amused at Giyu's current state.
He turns back to Giyu's kitchen counter, opening a few cabinets before pulling out a worn pan. He gets set cooking, and as the smell of fresh bacon and eggs waft in the air Giyu feels himself waking up.

"How did you get in here?" He asks as he yawns again, noticing his empty instant noodles cup still on the counter.

Sabito scoffs, rolling his eyes.
"Don't be an idiot. You gave Shinobu and I keys the day you moved in, remember?" His question is mocking, and Giyu frowns, sending a half-hearted glare Sabito's way.

He feels the sleep recede, leaving him awake and miserable. His body hurts from his sleeping position, and he stretches in his seat, a few of the bones in his back popping.

Coffee, he needs coffee.

Getting up and dragging his feet to his coffee machine is more taxing then it should probably be, but as he pops a premade cup of coffee beans inside, he can't find the will to care about anything else.

He reaches up and grabs a mug from the cabinet above him, sticking it under the machine rather harshly.

Sabito's humming a tune to a song Giyu doesn't know, and he feels himself spacing out as he waits for his coffee to be done brewing.

He looks down to his arm, pulling the sleeve of his sweater up to reveal the faded and smudged red ink.
The name 'Nemi' sticks out among everything else, and Giyu feels himself smile, remembering the conversation he'd had the night prior.

Desire spread through his veins like wildfire, and the urge to grab his pen was stronger than it'd ever been. He wanted to talk more, know more, feel more of the same way he did whenever his soulmate wrote to him.