Thirteen

Dear god, today was the day Sanemi died.

He felt like he couldn't breathe, suffocated under the weight of the growing tension between Kyojuro and Tengen.

The three of them sat together on a bench outside of Mitsuri and Obanai's only shared class together, waiting for the two to be finished so they could all head to the food court together for lunch like always.

Kyojuro hasn't stopped looking at his phone the entire time, strangely silent as he smiles and texts back and forth with someone.
Tengen isn't much better for conversation, despite the smile on his face, he looks irritated to hell, tapping his foot on the ground and staring directly at the wall in front of them.

Sanemi, thankfully, sat on the other end of the bench, away from them, but the tension was still stifling.

"Oh guys!" Kyojuro says suddenly, and Sanemi turns to him lazily, leaning forward to look past Tengen.

"Kocho and her friends invited us to a carnival in their town this weekend! Apparently it's an annual thing!"

Sanemi sees Tengen make a face in his peripheral vision, but he's back to smiling like normal so quickly he thinks maybe he imagined it.

He wants to comment, but doesn't, instead watching as Tengen wraps an arm around Kyojuro's shoulder and leans in close, looking at his phone.
"When?" He asks, and it's such a simple question, but Sanemi lifts an eyebrow as Kyojuro stiffens bit, and his face goes red.

He seems to smile a little bigger, and he chuckles to himself.
"Saturday night."

Sanemi grunts in response, nodding, and the two seem to remember he's there, both suddenly turning to like at him like he'd snuck up on them somehow. He frowns, annoyed that the fuckers got lost in their own world, but he lets it go.

He's obviously starting to realize there's something a little more than friendship between them, and god he doesn't need anymore drama in his life.

"I can do that." He says simply, and Kyojuro nods happily, his nose back in his phone as he replies to Kocho.

Tengen laughs, wrapping his arm even tighter around Kyojuro and pumping his fist into the air.
"Hell yeah! Those guys are totally flamboyant! Especially Urokodaki!"

Kyojuro smiles, nodding again before putting his phone back in his pocket.
"Kocho is quite fun as well!" He adds, and Sanemi purses his lips as Tengen makes that face again, but it's gone once more when he turns to him.

"What about you?" He asks, and his mouth curves into a sly smirk.

Sanemi sinks deeper into the bench under him, covering his face with his arms, pretending to be disinterested when really he's trying not to think about a certain blue eyed man.
"They're annoying." He says, and Tengen chuckles in response.

"Classic Sanemi." He teases, but Sanemi just ignores him, looking up at his arm and at his last conversation with Yuu, content to push Tomioka out of his head.

He throws himself into the messages, and the tension between the two next to him fades as he reads, ignoring them.

As he reads, he can't help but have the lingering thought of Tomioka in the back of his mind, and he bites the inside of his cheek, trying to will it away.