Seven

Saturday's were a divine blessing in Giyu's book. Sleep in late, do whatever he wanted for the day, not have to worry about anything.
He was famous for sleeping in past noon, physically unable to get himself up no matter how hard he tried, and usually the only thing that could wake him up was when someone would call him, the irritating ringtone Sabito set on his phone blasting in his ears.

Said phone was blasting said ringtone somewhere in his bed at a time that seemed way to early for his liking, and he groaned loudly. The room around him was dark thanks to his blue colored curtains, blocking out the sun and leaving him swallowed in shadows.
His hand shot out from under his blankets, grabbing around his bed. He finds the phone with little trouble, pulling it up to his face. The bright screen blinds him for a moment, and he answers the call without looking at the ID, flopping his face into his pillow and letting out a muffled "what?" as he moved the phone up to his ear.

The first thing he hears is laughter over the line, and he immediately recognizes it as the voice of his younger brother, Tanjiro.
He sighs to himself, lifting his head again.
"Giyu-san! How are you?" Tanjiro asks, sounding way too happy for the time of day.

Giyu grumbles, turning over onto his back and hoisting himself up into a sitting position, leaning against his headboard.
"Tired." He answers honestly, getting him another laugh from Tanjiro.

He hears a muffled female voice, who he assumes is Nezuko, calling to Tanjiro. Giyu listens as Tanjiro replies back to her, again muffled, and soon he's back speaking to Giyu.

"Anyway! I was calling to ask if Nezuko and I can come visit today?" He asks, and Giyu can't really think of a reason as to why not.
He hasn't seen them in a while, and when he thinks about it, he has really missed them.

"Sure." He replies simply, and Tanjiro let's out a little cry of excitement over the phone.

"Ok! We'll be there around noon!! See you then Giyu-san!!"

Giyu can't even say a proper goodbye before Tanjiro hangs up the phone, and as the line cuts he sighs to himself.
He looks around his dark room, his lips jutting out in a small pout, realizing he's probably not going to be able to fall back asleep.

His stomach growls under him, only confirming his suspicions, and with another deep sigh he shuffles to the edge of his bed, swinging his legs over the side. He places his phone on the night table by his bed, plugging it into the charger before getting up, shaky on his feet as he stands. He stretches briefly before making his way to his bedroom door with little to no trouble.

His apartment is lit up with the first inklings of the morning, soft sunlight streaming in through his window. It's nice, peaceful, but Giyu doesn't stop to appreciate it.
He makes a b-line for his kitchen, stumbling around and blindly opening his cabinets before finally finding the toaster. He never uses it, as he rarely eats breakfast, but he's starving today.

He wipes the dust off the top, setting it down on the counter and plugging it into the wall. He turns and opens another cabinet, taking out a loaf of bread.
Undoing the tie, he takes two pieces out, popping them in the toaster. He pushes them down and sets the timer, moving away from the toaster to sit at his table.

His head is fuzzy, and he stares at the wall for a moment before whining lowly to himself. He can't muster the will to be mad at Tanjiro for waking him up, but that doesn't mean he's happy.