Fifteen

Giyu remembers when he first started college, in his first ever science class. He remembers how he'd be intrigued when he learned that the sun shines the brightest directly over earth at around two or three o'clock everyday, not noon like most would assume. Although with the amount of sun streaking in through his window, he thinks maybe his professor had been fucking with him.

Sighing, he turns over in his bed, facing the wall. Curling into a ball, he holds tightly to the stuffed rabbit a certain white haired "friend" had given him. He had to admit it was nice to sleep with.

Staring at a sun spot on the wall, he frowns, anxiety tight in his chest. He probably should've been in class, if the constant worried texts from Shinobu were anything to go off of, but he hadn't managed to get himself out of bed that morning, and so he lay in his crumpled sheets until the bed began to sink from his weight, rolling around back and forth as the sun rose steadily in the sky.

It had only been a week, but Giyu found himself missing the company of his new friend group, and while he loved Sabito and Shinobu like family, they'd been acting even stranger as the days went on. He knew why Shinobu was so averse to being around Sabito, but he couldn't exactly figure out why the latter had been acting just as, if not weirder.

Maybe he would've chalked it up to it being a reaction to Shinobu's behavior, but that didn't seem so right.

The Sabito he knew would've been demanding answers by now, constantly trying to understand why Shinobu was acting so weird. He would've tried to force an answer out of her, or at least asked, but instead he seemed troubled. Every time she walked into the room he flinched, averting his eyes away from her. He curled into himself, a behavior so un-Sabito like Giyu almost felt like his best friend had been replaced by someone else.

It was getting exhausting, being in the middle of them. Their conversations were becoming more volatile rather than the playful teasing he was used to, and it usually ended with one of them leaving the room. He wanted to speak up, he wanted to say something, but how could he? Shinobu had asked him to keep what happened between them a secret from Sabito, and as much as he hated lying to his best friend he knew how broken the whole situation had left her. How could he betray her trust like that?

It was safe to say Giyu was stuck, caught in a perpetual loop as he waited for one of them to eventually snap. He'd been counting on Sabito, but for once in his life his best friend wasn't rising to the challenge.

With a frown, he scoots closer to the wall, hugging the stuffed rabbit closer to his chest. Burying his face into the top of its head, he wants to scream. His life felt like a mess at the moment, sure his grades were alright and classes were fine, but he found himself stuck between not two people but four.

Shinazugawa had also been on his mind constantly the past week. No matter how hard he tried to force those thoughts down, they resurfaced stronger each time. His striking white hair, his dark eyes, his rare but dashing smiles. They flashed through Giyu's mind on an almost daily basis. But there was also Nemi.

Nemi, his soulmate. Sure he didn't know what he looked like, but he knew his voice and his laugh and his kindness. He knew about his family and the hardships they'd faced, the way Nemi came out stronger. Giyu knew he was in love with him, he was his soulmate after all, it was bound to happen.

And yet, there in the back of his mind, Shinazugawa resided, sipping on a beer and nudging his shoulder, giving him the rest of his water to help his headache and a sweatshirt to fight the cold, even going so far as to give him the cute stuffed carnival toy he'd won. With his honeyed tones and teasing words and handsome smile.

It wasn't fair. Nothing about the man was fair, and Giyu found it hard to believe that everyone he came across didn't fall head over heels for him. Yeah he was rough around the edges, but behind that he was one of the most radiant, funny people Giyu had ever met.