39

As I slowly opened my eyes, there was one thing on my mind. There was one thing I wanted, in this moment. I had been thinking about it for days now, and I'm sure awakening on Zane's rock hard chest was only reminding me further.

I knew Zane was awake. I could practically hear the way the wheels in his mind were turning. I felt bad that he knew. I felt bad that I had burdened him with this.

But at the same time, I couldn't dismiss how much lighter I felt. Zane knew, and now I didn't have to lie. I didn't have to think about everything I did and everything I said. Maybe, around Zane, I could be fearless. I could be fearless like the day we went to the cliffs. My favourite day.

"Did you have a good sleep?" Zane asked. I briefly wondered how he knew I was awake. I hadn't moved a muscle since I opened my eyes. Then again, it's Zane we are talking about.

I pulled my body up, pulling the hair that had completely escaped the useless elastic band around me neck.

"Yeah." I smiled at him. "I had a dream about you."

"You did?" Zane's eyes flicked down towards my lips. "It looks like it was a good dream."

"It was." I titled my head at him. My dreams had been peaceful lately. I had almost been surprised at them, after reading that a lot of people who are assaulted relived their attack through nightmares. My dreams had all been calm, and quiet. This dream, though, had been my favourite.

"Are you going to tell me what it was about?" Zane asked, and I loved the way the edges of his lips kept rising. Every time I think Zane couldn't smile any bigger, he proved me wrong.

"Hmm..." I hummed as I grabbed Zane's hands, rubbing my fingertips along his palm. "Guess."

"Guess?" Zane chuckled. "You're in a good mood."

"Like I said, I had a good dream." I rolled my lips together, trying to fight my own smile from getting bigger. "Guess."

"Okay. We stole a plane and flew to Paris." Zane said.

"Nope." I shook my head.

"Hmm... we robbed the party store and recreated the movie Up." He joked as he raised his eyebrow.

"No." I laughed as I said it.

"Can I have a hint?" Zane rolled his eyes at me.

"A hint?" I repeated. "Hmm. It's something we've done before."

"Something we've done before?" Zane narrowed his eyes, and scratched his chin. "Did we go to a party together and you completely ignored my existence? We've done that before, many times."

"Hey." I pushed on his chest playfully. "You can't hold that against me! But no."

"Okay. I give up." Zane grabbed my hands that were still resting on his chest.

"You give up?" I teased. I moved closer to him. The playful look on Zane's face disappeared as he watched me.

"Yeah. I give up." Zane admitted, he looked down at my lips again. I had always prided myself on being able to read a boys face. I couldn't do that with Zane.

"You want me to show you?" I asked him. We were only inches apart now, I had no doubt he could feel my breath on his skin.

"Show me?" Zane asked.

I was surprised that I was so clearly making a move, and Zane was giving me nothing in return. He had to know what I was getting at, right? I was being obvious.

I moved my hand to the back of his neck, pulling him towards me as I leaned in. Zane just stared at me, he looked confused. I don't know why he would be.