53

"I'm not watching Grey's Anatomy again." Austin's eyes narrowed at me as he watched my hand moving on the remote.

"There's nothing else to watch." I groaned as I said it, throwing the remote at him. I was aiming for his head, but it only clipped his shoulder.

"There's about five hundred other things to watch. If not more." Austin muttered as he rolled his eyes, rubbing his now sure to be bruised shoulder. "It's Friday night, why can't we go out?"

"No. I'm not going out." I dismissed the idea immediately. "What if I see him?"

"You're not going to see him, Seren." Austin's voice slowed as he said it, in a comforting way. "Doesn't he have to wear one of those ankle monitors?"

"He's not on house arrest, Austin." I felt the frown on my face. I didn't like talking about him. "He's out on bail. I have a restraining order against him."

"Whatever. We're not going to see him. Besides, even if we did... I've been wishing for a chance to see him again." Austin's eyes went dark as he said the words.

"Yeah, yeah. Pack up the testosterone, buddy." I chuckled out. Austin had been telling me the ways he would kill Jax if he ever saw him again, in great detail, for weeks now.

"I can't help it baby, it's just who I am." Austin said, with a sharp wink of his right eye. He propped up his arm, bending his wrist towards his shoulder, allowing his bicep to bulge. "The manliest of men."

"Yeah. Sure." I shook my head at him. "I'm probably stronger than you."

Austin sat up straight, inching towards the edge of the couch, his eyebrows almost disappearing into his shaggy hair. "Stronger than who? Than me? You think you're stronger than me?"

I couldn't help but giggle at his expression. "Yeah. I know I am."

"You're going to eat your own words." Austin slowly stood up, taking long and clam strides towards me. He was trying to keep his face serious, but I could see the way his lips were turning up at the ends, and the way his cheeks were trying to push them back down.

"Bring it." I laughed out. I flopped my back against the cushions of the couch, raising my hands in two ready and waiting fists and bringing my feet up, in preparation to kick.

"Say less." Austin said quickly, probably because in the next second he had leapt on top of me. He successfully dodged my weak punches, his hands lightly tickling my torso. Instantly, I erupted in laughter, I not able to form words as my mouth manically let out a series of high pitched giggles. I couldn't will my mouth to speak as I rolled around the couch.

"S...s...top." I finally laughed out.

Austin paused his movements, but he didn't remove his hands.

"What's the magic word?" Austin's eyes were twinkling as he spoke.

"Mercy." I grunted. The moment he removed his fingers, I grabbed the throw pillow from beside me, using all of my might as I smacked his face with it. Austin didn't even flinch, he just laughed.

"Now you learned your lesson." He chimed out nonchalantly, tossing the pillow back to me. He walked back to his own couch, gently letting his body fall back down.

"And what lesson would that be?" I was trying to be annoyed, but it wasn't working. I wasn't annoyed at all. I pulled my shirt back down from how it had risen up, readjusting it so it was straight.

"Questioning my strength." Austin hummed out. He picked up the remote from where it had fallen beside him, pointing it at the TV.

"You don't have to stay here tonight. You can go out. I'm sure there's a party you want to to go or something." I told him. I felt bad. Austin was always here, and although we always had fun together, he didn't have to be here.