Fly Away 05

"y/n, y/n" I can hear Louis saying my name really quietly. He's tapping my shoulder gently but fast at the same time. "Lou?" I ask quietly. Shit, I haven't called him "Lou" since we were little kids.

"Do you mind if I sleep on the bed for a bit? My back is killing me. I can sleep on the comforter if you'd prefer?" Louis asks. "Sure Louis, It's fine", "thanks y/n". Louis jumps onto the left side of the bed. Above the comforter. I can hear the song Take A Look At My Girlfriend play over his AirPods, I listen to the music as I fall asleep.

I wake up from the sound of running in the hallway. The sun is pouring in the room from the large glass window. I check what time it is, It's already 2:00pm, we need to get up. I turn my head to the left, "What the hel-'' I stop myself, I don't want to wake him up. Louis is sleeping beside me. Above the comforter. He's wearing a white T-shirt with grey sweatpants. He looks peaceful, I smile while I look at him laying beside me. I'm not sure why I smiled but there is something about him that makes me happy. I don't know what is happening with me lately but Louis really doesn't seem like the person I thought he was at all. He seems genuine and gentle and kind and loving.

But I have to get ready, I get up slowly and throw my half of the comforter over Louis. I dig through the closet and the dresser until I find an outfit I like. It's an olive green bathing suit and just a pair of shorts. I wake up Louis first so Issie wont go crazy and start saying "ship".

He jumps up and runs into the bathroom to change. "Issie, Issie! Get up! Me and Louis want to go to the beach, do you want to come?" No answer, of course. "Alright Iss, we're leaving," I write a note quickly, just letting her know we're down at the beach. I put my slides on and Louis and I head out the door. We're walking down the hallway filled with artwork and talking about his movie. The more and more i hear about it the more interesting it sounds. He plays Viscount Tewkesbury in the movie.

The resort is beautiful, there are these beautiful glass triangular buildings by the pool. And really cute cabanas on the deck, on the opposite side of the pool.

"We could request a cabana later," Louis tells me, "Yeah we definitely could!". He has a good side profile. I just said that about Louis Partridge. Louis Partridge has a good side profile. I wonder what he thinks of me. We walk down the stone stairway to the beach, the view is beautiful. We lie down a striped beach towel, big enough for the both of us, We sit down on the towel.

"Are you still playing the piano?" I ask him, he was pretty good when we were kids.I remember going to some of his recitals years ago.

"Yeah actually, I am. More classical now. My parents enjoy it," He says smiling at me, I can tell he likes to show off about it. "Do you remember coming to my recitals when we were young?" He asks me. I smile at him and laugh. "Yeah, I do. I remember you learnt Issie's favourite song at the time, but then she didn't come to the recital and you were so upset. You asked me what my favourite song was because I told you i will always come with you." I remind him.