Very John Wick

I'm a guy in his late 40s, very John Wick mixed with James Charles disguised as a different older dude to see if nobody could recognize him or whatever.

I'm in a lush rain forest.

I got this dark indigo blue suit on, which is torn from being in the jungle, natural wear and tear as it gets snagged on stuff, and also from whatever caused me to be in this place.

I hear a voice in a small, short cave that is more of a stone arch than a cave, but cave was the first thing that came to mind.

It leads to a nearby body of water.

I could've gone around the formation, but plot stuff.

Up till this point, I know that I have been seeing signs of people. Not the stereotypical "native people want to kill me" thing, but civilized humans with vehicles and stuff.

I go down this alcove (idfk if that's the right word) hoping that it's another person. To prevent them from possibly fleeing, I let out some reassuring words "Please, I'm not going to hurt you."

There's nobody here.

Then, I get a response coming from my right.

The voice is coming from a speaker.

"Apologies, sir. But you are not needed here."

A spear shoots past me, ricocheting off the wall, and into the water.

Footsteps are coming from behind me, As I turn around, another spear narrowly avoids me.

Knowing that the odds are against me I grab the first spear, and jump into the river, letting the current take me a bit downstream, and duck into a smaller indent in the rock formation, a small overhang of rubble in an area obscured by vines and leaves.

During the process, I lose grip of my spear.

Briefly considering going after it, I know that it's too risky.

I'm happy I made the decision because I hear the sound of footsteps above me and to my right.

"Sorry boss, but we lost him."

Over the static of a radio I hear a response.

"He'll easily have survived the river. I want you to find him."

"He could be here for any reason-"

"Do not question my authority. It doesn't matter why he's here."

"But-"

"I've had enough of your insubordination."

Another set of feet join the person above me.

I hear the sound of a blade being drawn.

"wAIT! PLEASE! I"

Then a slash.

Then the choking of someone.

Then someone slumping down to the ground.

Some dirt falls over the edge into the water.

A different voice speaks into the radio.

"I took care of him, boss."

"Good. Now find that man, and do whatever it takes to kill him."

There's the click of the radio going off.

Silence. Nothing but the sounds of the forest.

The harsh impact of something, then a splash, as something large lands in the water.