The Forest

I vividly dreamt of Markiplier playing the Forest with Bob and Wade.

The dream started out with me clicking on a Markiplier YouTube video.

Then I'm in the game playing as Mark's character in the forest with Bob and Wade.

Mark's webcam is often in the upper left corner.
Mark, Bob and Wade are playing with the dream game's proximity chat feature.
Wade runs off and then runs back, zooming past Mark and screaming earning a laugh from everyone.

We tried to do what I do when I start a new The Forest playthrough, but of course we don't stick to that cuz it's Mark, Bob and Wade and I am not myself.

Everything is incredibly dreary.

For some reason Wade's character model is Resident Evil 7 Ethan Winters.
Resident Evil continues to worm its way into my dreams cuz that is my current hyperfixation.

We're near the shore, there's some fallen trees that have no leaves.
There's someone in a white button down stumbling around and bumping into a tree.
Mark says "Wade, Are you good?"
In the distance we hear "Yeah, I'm fine!"
"OH SHIT. I didn't know there were zombies!" I kill the zombie with stabs to the head with my spear.
"There are zombies?" Bob questions.
"Yeah, right over here!"

We do a bit of exploring and resource gathering, go to the boat and get the cassette player and a bunch of rope, hunt for some food and get some turtle shells.
We get back to where the video started, and start building and cutting down trees.
We make some drying racks, rain collectors with the turtle shells, and a two story cabin that gets furnished nicely with stick holders, a fireplace, chairs and couches. There are a few beds upstairs.
All this furniture is modern furniture, not the kind of furniture you make in the irl game.

It is then that we decide to go through the caves, fighting and killing the various monsters that lurk within.

This is where it takes more of a nightmare turn.

"Bob...? Wade...? Where did you guys go? Oh please. Please. Please tell me we didn't get separated!" Mark pleads.
There's panic in his voice.

At some point Bob and Wade got lost, or I'm the one who got lost.
It was very unclear.

Either way, I've been separated from the group. I'm down there alone, and they're probably back at the cabin, building more stuff and probably taking bets on how long it'll take for me to die down there and respawn.

"Oh my god I forgot this was a horror game. You assholes this wasn't supposed to happen!"

And then I run out of lighter fluid so I have no light and I'm now blind.
"Oh no." Mark almost mumbles, his voice small and meek with that, characteristic squeak that appears when he's nervous in horror games.
"Okay okay- this- this is fine. Everything's going to be fine"

The dream game is proximity chat and the walkie talkie used for long distance isn't working.
My best guess is that we're too far away to talk to each other even though that's not a mechanic in game irl.

I walk around stumbling blindly and trip falling a bit deeper into the caves.

Then I see light in the distance.
Mark gasps "LIGHT!"
I rush towards them.

The light source is a trail of skulls with candles in them.
Some of them are hanging from strings that stretch endlessly up to the ceiling fading into darkness.
Following the lights, we come across various items.

Medications, alcohol, dynamite, materials for bombs.

The trail leads to a pool of water, it's glowing with candle light.
There are skulls with candles surrounding the pool,