Avatar the Last Airbender

It begins as a top down pixel game.
Aang and the gang are exploring the remaining parts of an earth kingdom village that was attacked by the fire nation.
The reason why it hasn't been completely abandoned yet is because of the hognose monkey spirit that resides in the library.

The story of the monkey spirit is interesting.

The legend goes that a fisherman was at the nearby river.
One day he caught a book that had a mysterious aura.
He decided to open the book, and the spirit appears.
He thanks the fisherman, explaining that he was a spirit of knowledge who many years ago had been writing down some new findings of his when another spirit grabbed his book and threw it into the river.
He couldn't just leave the book but he also couldn't swim, so he decided to wait for the river to dry up.

Now that he has his book back he can be on his way, but had grown attached to this land and asked the fisherman if he could stay in the village, preferably in a place with many books.
The fisherman obliged and brought the spirit back to the village where he was welcomed.

The spirit remained in the town library, keeping the books in order and telling stories from his book.

This was a happy arrangement for hundreds of years. The spirit could fill in what he had not written, new books would be brought in, and some of the children liked to offer him sweets as a thank you for his tales.

Until 5 years ago.

Everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

The town was ablaze and people were screaming and panicking as the lives they knew would be taken from them
The spirit heard the screams and ran out of the library to see what was happening.
It was chaos.

The old man telling the story said that the memory haunted him and preferred not to talk about it, but all he could say was that when the library caught fire the spirit went berserk.

By morning the fires had died down and the Fire Nation was gone, but the spirit was still enraged.

He made a promise that the fire nation would never set foot there and harm the village ever again and that this town would become a safe haven for those fleeing from the Fire Nation.

This promise wound up becoming a curse as the spirit became violent towards anyone who tried to leave.

Aang, Katara and Sokka head to the library and find the spirit, standing and staring at his empty book shelves with an air of sadness surrounding him.
They all pause.

Aang initiates the conversation.

"We want to talk to you."

Silence.

"Your home has been destroyed, and those you've cared for have perished but your extreme efforts to protect what you have left is causing more harm than good."

Silence.

"You have to let them leave."

No response.
It's like the spirit is in a catatonic state.

Then Sokka thinks a bit before pulling out a book from his bag.

The spirit perks up, and turns around. Sokka offers it to the spirit and he takes it.

The book seems to have offered some clarity to the spirit.

"Thank you."

Then the spirit walks out of the library.

Then Aang asks "What just happened?"

"Book spirit like book, and book spirit like people, I figured give him a book then he'll chill out."

"That's actually not the worst reasoning you've had." Katara responds.

"Yeah, I can be pretty smart."

"Sometimes."

He scoffs before saying "Rude!"

Leaving the library, they see the spirit and the town leaving.

The spirit stops and says to the gang "We are heading to Ba Sing Se. It's most protected city in the world. I cannot bear to part from my friends, but they will have better safety than I could provide. I thank you for helping me wake up."

"No problem, it's kind of what we do!" Sokka says.

"You're more than welcome to join us."

"No, we'll probably be going there eventually and when we do we'll meet up with you."

"Good bye."

"We'll meet again!"

End of Dream