3- Favourite song

|edited|

"Dad I made a deal", she notices Brenda on the Mexican's side like always as she steps into her father's office.

"With who?", he asked calmly, not even aware of the situation his daughter brought him in. He has always hated when she made a deal without him knowing.

"That group of strangers", she answers. It needs a second for the man's brain to click and register the new information. He stops in his tracks and looks at her unbelieving.

"What? I have already told WCKD!", he yells out, breaking a glass in his hand, filled with bourbon.

"Woah, you're acting like I just told you we're leaving this plac- forget that. My point is, that these kids are our tickets."

"To what?"

"To the unicornclub you know.", she says, her voice full of sarcasm, "Listen I know that you hate when I go against your plan but now they can't send us away! We have immunes by our side."

He sighs, obviously thinking about it.

"Go get that kids", he says, rolling his eyes and wrapping a bandage around his hand. She runs out, glad to have his permission. Would've been shitty to kidnap them. She hears how he starts packing and argues with Brenda about it. She's her best friend but the most stubborn person she could ever think of,

second after herself.

First she goes to her room, packing a few things in one bag. If WCKD knows where they are and that they have immunes, they will be there soon. Nervous she's searching for her pills but when she finds them, the bottle is empty. Her thoughts were right. And now, she was screwed.

"Shit!", she yells angrily and throws it against the wall.

Storming out her door with her bag and running in the direction of the room where the strangers are. As soon as she gets there, she walks towards the lever to get them down.

"May!", a very familiar voice yells after the girl that looks startled and under high time pressure at the entrance.

"Uh yea?", she answers back and sees how Timo walks in.

"What are you doing here?", he asks, complex about why his friend might talk to the group.

"Just teasing you know?", she answers nervously. She was a great liar, but when it came to friends and family -what was both pretty less people-. She was at least just as great at overplaying feelings, hiding emotions -as long as she doesn't have an attack-, but now, she knew that if WICKED would find out about the plan, everybody here dies, and if they get taken by Janson and Paige, even if they don't say a word, the ticket to safety will be gone.

"Whatever, I got 'em!"

"Really?"

"Mhm", he nods and throws two bottles of lithium to the grateful girl.

Right about time.

Lithium were pills to help get her attacks under control.

"Thanks Timo! Even two"

"You're welcome, I go to the others yea?"

She nods and he leaves. She puts them in her bag and pulls the lever in one swift movement.

"Remember, we bring you to the right arm and you bring us in!"

"I promise.", Newt says, smiling thankful at the girl in front of him.

She hears shouting in the crank place and helps the rest of them on their feet.

"Out of here!"

They start running out when one of the members is holding up a gun, intimidating the already scared teenagers that just survived the death of over 40 friends, escaping a maze and running away from WICKED's hands.

"Janson, I got them", he said into a Walkie-Talkie.

Out of nowhere a hand is on the brunette's waist. It's pushing her behind someone and by looking up, she sees the blonde hair.

Cute, kinda.

She chuckles a little, which makes him look confused at her.

I am the one with the weapons and he protects me?

She gets out her gun, very quiet.

Thomas steps forward and tries to get his gun, the only thing he gets is Barkley's fist.

Stupid boy.

"You little shit!", Barkley loads his gun, ready to pull the trigger. May pushes Newt aside and shoots Barkley in the chest without any regret. That was the way they lived, since 17 years.

"Bloody hell May!", Newt screams.

"What the shuck", Minho exclaimed.

"Oh my god", the not-so-quiet girl said, completely shocked like her friends.

And then music starts playing.

Seriously, out of all times dad?

"What the-?", they all look suprised around them. And it clicks.

"Oh shit", she starts pushing them with her out as she realized that Jorge is playing his favorite song.

"We need to go, now!", she runs out and they follow her, scared of the world and it's weird actions. It was usual for Newt to stay up at night with his two best friends Minho and Alby back in the glade, when everything was still normal. Even after his suicide-attempt. They talked about what they imagined the world outside this four walls, their life how it would've been if they wouldn't have been there, how their lives would turn out if they would ever escapes, about why they might be in there or who put them there. And some crazy things were said -most parts from Minho- about what the world looks like outside the maze, but this was never a thought.

They get to the window and the place around them is on fire. Brenda and Jorge hurriedly come to them and Jorge grabs one of the ropes, sliding to the other building. May starts to give one to a boy with dark skin. Then Minho, the girl and Newt. She was about to give Thomas the next one, but saw how Brenda is running back.

"Where are you going?", she yells after the girl with buzz cut.

"His picture!", Brenda yells back and continues to run. She wanted to give Thomas the rope but he just chased after her. So May slid down.

"Where is Brenda?", her father says worried.

"She forgot G's picture and this stupid boy is now running after her, they will come soon dad"

Soon she realized, that they won't.