7- Mays friend

~edited~

Spending a bit time on speaking and joking around, the group gets tired.

May and Jorge tend to lay down detached from the rest, but without even noticing, the girl blatantly stares at the Blonde boy. He grabs his back more tightly, looking unsure -and even a bit anxious- before striding next to her and laying down, facing her. She lays down as well, a hot feeling not comparable to the sun heat rising up in her cheeks. They lay like that -with a short turning around at the sudden change of place from Timo, who is now laying on May's other side- and just stare at each other. That was until Newt suddenly stood up, standing there looking down at May as though he's waiting for something. She stands up as well, and he leads her away from the sleeping ones, to avoid disturbance.

„Tell me more about you- if you'd like."

„Like what? What do you wanna hear?"

„I don't know... Tell me about your friends."

"Oh, that's one thing I can't really say anything about.", she laughs, „I don't really have many friends."

„Wait what? Why not?"

„I was known as the daughter of the chef, that gets everything she wants -everything they wouldn't get- and so they hated me. Even though I wasn't really treated like a princess. I had the same rules, the same food and the same training. Well, I could choose the training and my weapons but there wasn't really much to choose. Brenda and I had the choice between boxing, normal sport and weapon training. I chose weapon training and boxing, seeing as Sport I could do myself and Dad didn't want me applying to it all. I did the weapons on my own, beside the gun, for obvious reasons. They wouldn't have any of it though."

„They didn't like you because you were the daughter of someone?"

„And maybe because of my snarky comments and them unable to handle my bit of sarcasm."

„Just this little bit.", he measures a centimeter to mock me with his index and thumb and laughs, "I like you through your craziness and sarcasm."

"Crazy? Excuse you?", she laughs and shoves him with her shoulder. That went on until Newt was accidentally shoved onto his ass. They decided on truce after he dragged her down.

She turned around because of a sudden unease creeping over her, feeling as though someone's watching her. Nothing there.

"Well nothing else about your life?"

"Not really. You know I am actual really quite boring. Well, not me- my life more of that matter."

"I was already gonna say something. I mean- show me one boring person that quite literally points a gun at a man double her size to protect strangers. Figures you're pretty un-boring, don't you think?"

„I know I'm not boring, so no need to search for excuses to call me pretty."

"I- That's not what I said-", he struggles with his words while he blushes furiously. It almost looks hurtful.

„Did I make you flush? Is pretty boy embarrassed to be caught complementing a pretty girl?", it is the way he stumbles over his own feet and reaches out mindlessly to hold himself up that makes her shriek. He accidentally pulls on her waist, dragging her down with him. She lands awkwardly on top of him, finally reddening herself. And there's the feeling from before again. That uncomfortable heat that doesn't make her sweat but is the most unbearable.

„Slow down there, pretty boy. There's a bit more flirting need to be done for this kind of situation.", she snickers, though it's fake. There's too much for her to play it cool, but she can pretend to.