19.3- Caught in my mind

The girl with buzz cut shivered while stroking her sister's hair. The Mexican immediately stood up and stood next to her, scared that the cure is kicking in, that she's starting to get worse already.

"It's just getting cold.", she says hinged. Caught up in the fear of what state the girl in front of her will wake up in, if she'll still take the infusion after what she saw and what she would tell her about what she saw. She was entangled in the web of the uncountable questions and the lack of memory. The anger and the worry. The disappointment and the terrifying.

She felt the need to throw up. She was disgusted by what earth put her best friend through. Of the lack of help from God, she had enough of, of the people telling her to just pray and he will help her. Of the cruelty of Ava and Janson, she was sickened by. Of the stupidity of May, she was disappointed.

She's so sick of it.

"I'm so sick of this bullshit!", she lets go off the unconscious body's hand and throws her chair around the room, hitting a shelf.

"I know, I know.", Jorge tries to calm her.

"Me too.", both of them sent judging looks towards Timo, which made him carry on, "Look, I know you think of me as the hugest jerk you've ever met, but, surprise!, May is my best friend too! Otherwise I wouldn't have stayed all the way. And-"

He was distracted by a loud knock on the door. Mary came in, first sticking her head into the tent.

She sits down, watching the stars move closely. Suddenly, the air around gives off a short interaction to her hair and blows it in her face. She shakes her head to get rid of the disturbing hair that sort of ruins the moment. It's annoying to have hair in her eyes and mouth while admiring the star constellations.

And out of nowhere, she sits not on the wall of her previous home, where her mother used to live while she was pregnant. The scenario she saw a few seconds ago, was the moment her mother first showed her the star constellation her name has gotten its meaning from. As May grew older, she described her mother as the woman who took the stars, and gave them to her daughter.

May smiled, her thumb running over the moonstone and the initials that were engraved into the ring's surface.

M.P.S.

Smith.

Her father agreed on naming the child's last name like the mother.

Petra.

She was named after the woman she knew and loved as grandmother.

May.

She has always been the double of her mother, resembling her with everything she has and did. Even when it was about their first name. She shorted her name to May, thinking she's too ordinary for something so exotic.

Marilyn.

The star of the sea.

Rebelliousness.

Sea of bitterness.

Beloved.

Exalted one.

And that she indeed was, she was all.

She was bitter, exalted, rebellious, she was the star in the storming sea, which resembled her mother like she always does. And above all of that, she was something she wasn't aware of, too often. The believe could be took too easily from her. People loved her so deeply, so many did. So hard. But she didn't know. But,

she was beloved.