A chance of saving?

Jorge's POV:

I should have seen it. I should have noticed. And now my daughter is laying right beside Brenda. The only difference? Brenda is awake. May is still unconscious, whimpering a few words every so often, but most of the time she just lays there, her body a little bit shaking like she's asleep and is having a nightmare. Turns out Newt knew it the whole time and took care of her. I was so distracted by Brenda, that I didn't even notice. Great father I am. Mary -the woman that's trying to help them- is currently figuring out how to help. She gave Brenda pain killers and May an infusion.

„Thank you hermano. For taking care of her" I say after 30 minutes silence. I would have never guessed that 30 minutes could be so long, but when you don't know if your daughter is going to wake up and could die any second, I guess it's normal to feel like this.

"Nothing to thank for. You know, she's really important to me" he murmurs the last part and looks a little ashamed.

I let out a small laugh: "trust me, we all know that"

"That obvious?"

"Yes." Brenda says. We get interrupted by a groan next to Brenda and we all immediately turn around, Brenda getting off of bed fast and standing around May.

"May? May can you hear me?", Newt talked slowly and calming. My daughter slowly opened her eyes and as they stop whirling around, she manages to focus on us and her pupils get all thin like a small, little black dot in the middle of her golden brown eyes.

"What happened?" She asked frowning, and tries to sit up only to be stopped by Newt, who's pushing her carefully back onto the makeshift bed.

"Don't. Just stay like that. After Mary, the lady that came out of the tent behind Vince, the man with the gun, stepped in between the little fight, the adrenaline left your body and you fainted as I carried you here." Newt explains quickly, she just nods and whispers a quite "ok". He turns around and walks to the table near the beds. He takes the water and gives it to May.

"Here, drink something. You've been out since 30 minutes and the last time you drank was the little break." She nods once again and starts drinking. But she just took a few sips.

"I said drink. Don't need you fainting again.", he smiles as she rolls her eyes.

"Yes mom." She answers sarcastic. Me and Brenda just follow the whole conversation with a frown and a few looks we share.

"How's the shank doing?" Minho comes into the tent, Aris and Frypan trailing behind. "Ah you're awake. About time." He winks at her

"Well sorry for getting infected. Not everyone has the privilege to be immune."

"You can have it. If it means getting rid off wicked, I'll give it to you." He smiles at her and she chuckles.

"Where's Timo and Teresa? I know that Thomas is probably killing Mary with his bloody questions but where are the other two?" Newt asks his friend.

"Teresa is on the mountains, doing god knows what and Timo..." Minho trails off

"Doesn't want to be in the same room with him." Frypan finishes.

"You hurt his ego pretty much" Brenda says and laughs.

*Flashback*

5 minutes after May and Newt left the car*

"Is anyone else noticing the weird behavior of them or am I the only one?" Brenda asks into the car.

"No I noticed it to. I think we all did." Thomas answers.