Chapter 22

(Y/n) looked up at the ceiling blankly, the pain in her chest evitable, she clutched the bedsheets hard, till her fingers feel numb and nails bleed. She regretted every single word she said that night 13 years ago, every single scenario that crossed her head pained her. Getting rid of her memories was a smart choice but not the best one. 

"Let's make a deal,"

"A deal?"

"Protect my quirk and I'll protect your loved ones,"

"Sure,"

Why did I agree to such an absurd thing? How could I be so trusting?

"Good morning (Y/n), how did my sweetheart sleep?" Rei said as he unlocked the door to the room (Y/n) was staying in. (Y/n) immediately let go of the bedsheets and kept her poker face to avoid any suspicion from Rei. Unfortunately, Rei was smart enough to look right through her façade.

"Are you alright? Do you want to call Elle-Chan or Hiro?" Rei asked as he held (Y/n)'s shoulder, caressing it to comfort her. (Y/n) looked at him with a small smile on her face. The look of adoration and love is evident on Rei's face. (Y/n) paused to wonder, how could he like her? she was one hell of a sadistic and manipulative bitch. She didn't deserve to be loved by such as good person like Rei. 

"I don't want Elle to see me in such a pathetic state,"(Y/n) replied as looked down, remembering Elle's cute face. She had to do anything in order to make sure that Elle doesn't see this side of her. Elle was an innocent sweet girl who deserved to be in the light. 

"I'll get going Rei, Thank you for letting me stay," (Y/n) said as she got off the bed and tried to find something else to wear from Rei's closet. All the six members she had undercover came together for a meeting the previous day. (Y/n) did not feel like going home so Rei was kind enough to let her stay the night. 

"To the league?" Rei questioned as to which (Y/n) replied with a nod. 

"Stay safe," Rei said as he walked towards (Y/n) and planted a small kiss on her forehead. (Y/n) smiled back at him and nodded her head at his sweet gesture. 

(Elsewhere)

"La, la, la, la, "Elle sang as she hopped with every step she took, excited to see her sister after a long time. Her sister was busy with school and had also been working extra hours to make ends meet for her and Elle. (False story narrated by (Y/n)). That being said, (Y/n) was having a hard time. The league was poor as fuck, her books were not selling well and, Ritsu was not giving her any damn jobs. Those LOV bastards had should be grateful that she had sold her treasures; exclusive guns and other rare items to help with their finances. 

"Elle-Chan, be careful, you might fall," Miku said as she ran towards (Y/n)'s cute little sister. Miku had been babysitting Elle since she was born. Miku loved (Y/n) and Elle from all her heart but sometimes she wished that (Y/n) would leave the league and get rid of Tokihara as soon as possible so she can have lots of time to bond with Elle and live a normal life that she deserved. 

(LOV)

"Attacked another religious cult?" Scarlet asked as she made her way to the most recent religious sanctuary the league had attacked. Toga found a pendant that was; as bluntly stated 'ugly'. There had not even been a penny the league could make any use of. Scarlet briefly looked at all the members (except Dabi) only to see Spinner who looked a bit off. 

"(F/N)-Chan, long time no see, we've missed you," Toga said as she jumped off from her seat and tackled Scarlet in a hug. Both women fell to the ground but only one having a good time. 

"Hey, Y'all just kicking back? Looks like I'm the only one looking out for new recruits," Dabi said as soon as he entered the area the league had assembled in. Awkwardly eyeing Toga and Scarlet who were on the ground.