Tunnel

Hoseok POV

Yujin leaves the room and Namjoon lets Tae's shoulder go. Tae instantly grabs it to massage out the pain. Namjoon's grip is definitely a punishment of its own.

"Hyung what do you mean Yoongi hyung didn't mark Yujin? Isn't that what that was?" Jungkook asks.

Namjoon and Jin make eye contact for a moment before ushering us all to come and sit. We do. We can't help it. We're curious.

"When a hybrid finds their mate generally we mark them." Jin hyung says, sighing at the end. "While what Yoongi did was a form of human marking, that's not how us hybrids mark our mate..."

"Well how do we do it hyung? I want to mark Yujin right now!" Jimin says, jumping a little in his seat. I put my arm across his chest to keep him from jumping. I bite my lip trying to control my emotions. Everyone has gotten to do something with Yujin but me. It isn't fair.

"Well you can't. Yujin has to consent first." Namjoon says with a bit of an irritated edge.

"Hyung what's consent? Yujin is my mate, can't I just mark her? Why wouldn't she want me to mark her?" Taehyung asks. I huff in my head. Sometimes I really hate being a pray animal. I know Jungkook and Jin hyung feel the same way. It feels like the predators get all the affection and attention. Probably because they're powerful enough to just demand it. Jungkook reaches over from my left to grab my hand. I think he can read my mind.

"Yujin is human. She's not a hybrid like us. They want to give permission to their partners before doing something sexual. Besides marking her would just make our heats worse." Jin says.

"Well I want to mark Yujin." Jimin says with a smile.

"You don't even know how." I say, still a little pissed at the thought of being Yujin's last choice among us.

"It's a simple process really. You just need to bite her but the mark that's left is a permanent mark on her skin. She might not want to due to her occupation." Namjoon says, clearly imagining the thought of sinking his canines into Yujin's soft, pillowy skin. I can smell the arousal of the predators.

I huff and stand up, quickly leaving the room. "Hoseok!" I hear Namjoon yell after me.

"Leave him be, he just needs some time to cool off." Jin hyung says gently. Jin hyung was always the one to keep Namjoon's alpha behavior in check. I sprint upstairs. I've found a bit of peace hiding in Yujin's art room. I don't think the other boys have found it yet. I don't smell their scent in there at all. I walk in, closing the door and locking it, hoping to be uninterrupted. I look at her paintings and pictures she's taken. One caught my eye. A little ladybug resting on the leaf of a rose. It's my favorite one. I don't know why but it is. I look over at her pictures. They're pictures other people have taken of her but I can't help but stare at her beautiful face.

There's a whole wall of pictures some ranging from when she was younger others were much newer. I see pictures of her in diapers being held by her very tired looking mother (or at least I assume that's who the woman in the picture was), pictures of her holding a small blue trophy in one hand with the other arm flexed, showing off her muscles. She couldn't have been more than 10 in that picture, the leotard with striped tights making me think it was something to do with dance. My favorite picture though is one where her hair is in loose down around her shoulders with both braces and glasses holding onto a younger looking girl, the smiles on their faces bright and happy. 

I don't know much about Yujin's family but I think the girl in the picture is her sister or maybe a younger cousin. They look very similar. I gently take the photo off the tack to take a closer look. "It's me and my little sister." Yujin says. I jump in surprise at her sudden presence, catching me going through her things. 

"I-I'm sorry-" She cuts me off. 

"You're fine." She says with a cute smile, resting her head gently on my shoulder to look at the picture in my hands. "That must be at least 10 years old." She giggles. "Back before I knew I was going to be a star." I look at her and see the nostalgic happiness in her eyes. "You can really tell. That glasses and braces combo was not a look." 

"I think you looked cute." I defend. She giggles, looking at me. 

"Thank you." She says, sighing looking down at the picture again. "I can't believe she's turning 18 this year. And the baby is turning 15." 

"The baby?" I ask, slightly prying.

"Well, this is the middle child of three," She says, pointing to the other girl in the picture. "Her name is Aera." She searches the wall before taking down a picture of a young boy, maybe 10 years old. "This is Eunsung. He's the baby of us three. He was only 7 when I left for Seoul." Her smile turns sad as she looks at her little brother. She looks over at her desk and grabs a framed photo. "See, there's them all together. It was my Christmas present." Two older people smile brightly with Yujin's two younger siblings standing between them holding a sign with a big heart on it that was red and white striped. "I miss them." 

"Why did you leave?" I ask. 

She smiles sadly again. "It's hard to be a star in Jinhae." I grab her hand and her expression turns sad. "It's hard to make that decision... you know? Give up your dreams or your family.... I gave up my family." A tear runs down her cheek. 

I grab her chin and make her look at me. "I know it was hard Yujin. I don't know how it felt but I know it was hard. If you hadn't though you wouldn't have met me. Or Jin hyung. Or Yoongi hyung or Tae or Kookie, or Jimin, or Namjoonie. And you didn't give them up. You may be far apart but you haven't given them up. They're still your family and you still love them. And... and I love you." I confess, mentally scolding myself for being so forward but continuing anyway. "I love you and I'm glad you make the choice you did." She looks up at me with her tear stained eyes and presses a gentle kiss to my lips. I'm in shock for a moment. Does she love me too? 

"Thank you Hobi." She says, breaking the kiss but resting her forehead against mine. It's quite a feat as I'm 177 cm and she couldn't be more than 164. "I've never been in love before... but I think I love you too."