Chapter 9

Chapter 9

**

Scarlett

I was storing the new boxes of freshly ordered towel needed near the pool area when I heard a low sound coming from back of the storeroom. According to me, no one was in here. When Antonio gave me the task to keep the supplies, he mentioned that there was no one available since they were busy with their duty and as I was assigned the pool area, I was to keep this and I had no help too. So, unless a staff is hiding here, there is an unwanted guest wandering in the storeroom. They could be stealing too.

I discreetly turned my head to peek at the person who was hiding behind a shelf. I narrowed my eyes at the moving figure of a man and looked around to find a weapon to catch this man with. My eyes landed on an unused pan. I have no idea why is it here, but I am not complaining. I took hold of the pan and made my way towards the person. Just when I was a few feet away, I gave out a warrior cry and swung my pan to the head of the person.

There was a loud chattering noise as my pan hit the shelf, causing few boxes placed there to fall on the ground. I growled as I missed my target who was ducked down to protect himself from my attack.

I was about to take another swing when I heard the voice yell for me to stop. "Stop! You are going to kill me!"

I froze as I heard the voice and lowered my weapon to look down at the crouch Ethan, staring at me with wide eyes. I instantly straightened myself and took a step back and gave an apologetic smile. I was about to bash my boss's head with a freaking pan.

"Sorry. I mistook you for a thief." I apologised and looked away from him as I felt his glare on me.

"Yeah, you did. You could have seriously hurt me." He said, his voice hold a slight anger in it.

"I apologised, didn't I?" I fired back, in an attempt to cover my mistake. I was embarrassed as well as guilty. "You shouldn't be here. This is for staff only."

He scoffed at me in disbelief. "Firstly, you were going to hit me with a bloody pan without even checking who it is and secondly, you are blaming me for it?"

I swallowed and refuse to meet his eyes. "I said sorry for it. What else do you want?"

"I want you to wear specs since you can't see clearly." He snapped.

"Whatever." I said and turned my back to him. My expression changed from indifferent to wide eyes and I mentally cringed at my stupid mistake. It really couldn't have been my fault. What if it wasn't Ethan and some thief? My tactic would have been effective. Too bad it was Ethan and not someone else.

I kept the pan from where I took it and waited for Ethan to either say something or leave so I could die in embarrassment in this poorly dimmed horror storeroom. When he did neither of them, I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes. He was running a hand through his wet hair, muttering under his breath.

The last time I saw him was when he helped me at the night of the party. I had left him in the morning as the night's event flashed in my mind and since then, I hadn't seen him until now. It has been 2 days. For some reason, I felt he was avoiding me as he wasn't there in his room when I went to clean it. I have seen him once or twice with his family, but other than that, I felt like he has been avoiding me, like this one time when he passed by me and didn't even glance in my direction as if I was a stranger to him. I can't deny when I say I didn't feel a pang within my chest. I was quick to dismiss it.

"I..uh." I began, making him pause. He focused his eyes on me and raised an eyebrow at me. "I wanted to thank you for helping me that day. I never got a chance to thank you."