Chapter 16

Chapter 16

**

Ethan

I clenched my phone in my hand as the robotic voice repeated that the phone was switched off.

I had called Scarlett to know how her date went with the other guy, only to be dismissed once. When I tried to call her again, the phone was switched off. My mind wandered to dark thoughts as the unwanted images about what could be happening popped up. I stared at my screen which had her face covered in ice cream. Ever since that day, I never changed it.

After arriving back to London, I tried to forget Scarlett as I went out to different bars in a hope of catching a lady of my interest, but always ended up looking for a lady with dark hair. I tried to bury myself in work to avoid thinking about her, but she always managed to swim in my mind.

Finally, after a week of frustration, I decided to call Scarlett to hear her voice. I called her from a spare phone since she had my number saved in her phone only to find out that she was going on a date with someone. Only a week had passed and she was already moved on. I remember her telling me that she didn't do love and only one night stands, but I thought I left a mark on her to actually be stuck on me. Apparently, I was wrong and now her phone was switched off. For all I know, she could be spending the night with the guy. I did not like that idea at all.

I turned around in my seat, facing my desk and called my secretary inside. "Harriet, come in my office."

The door to my office opened and walked in my secretary. "Yes, Ethan?"

"Get Antonio on a call for me. He is the manager of The Enchanted Us in Italy." I ordered her.

"This late?" She asked, looking down at her watch. She was working overtime today since we have an important project going on.

"Yes. This is important." I answered back.

"Sure." She said and walked out to her desk to complete her task.

A few seconds later, I heard my office phone ring. "Hello?"

"Ethan, I have Antonio on the second line." Harriet informed.

I thanked her and pressed the number 2 that connected me to Antonio. "Hello? Mr. Wilson?"

"Antonio." I said and smirked. You made a mistake of going on a date, Scarlett.

**

I walked down the stairs in the living room to see my family sitting and talking. I took a seat next to Blake who was reading and talking at the same time. "What are you reading?"

"A book." He stated, not removing his eyes from the words.

"Is the book that good that you are not able to remove your eyes from it?" I joked as I eyed him and the book in his hand.

"Yes." Was his curt reply. I raised an eyebrow at that.

"Ignore him." Max said, who was sitting on the other side of Blake. "Other than science books, he only reads books by Avery, the famous mysterious writer."

"Mysterious writer?" I questioned Max as I stared at the book and read few lines of the page that was open. "It's a romance novel!"

Blake snapped the book shut and glared at me. "Yes. It is. So?"

I raised my hands in defense. "Nothing. You can read as many romance novels as you like."

"No." This time it was Ryan who said. "He only reads Avery's romance novel."